4

WORK IS hectic the next day. I can't concentrate properly, and the lead actress is on her period, which means that she's extra bitchy, and a big pain to work with. I hate working with her sometimes. She thinks that she's all that just because she won a few Emmys and Oscars, all with my help, thank you very much. She'd still be doing soap operas if it wasn't for my help and guidance on set.

I lean back in my office chair, as I look at that email from Bethany. I assume that she's extremely anxious. I'm extremely anxious to see her again. For crying out loud, I'm a grown woman fawning over a little girl. I can't tell my kids how I feel about this girl, because they'll push me to date her, which I know, as a mother, is not the right choice.

Sighing, I spin my chair around, when I hear a knock on my office door, "come in," I call, as I position myself appropriately.

One of my actresses walks in, and she's wearing a huge frown on her face, "I need to be in the spotlight more," she groans. I inhale a breath and sit back, not in the mood to deal with her bickering. It's not your TV show, for god's sake! I can't help you because I'm not the frickin' screenwriter!

"Millie, I already told you that I can't help you with that. Go talk to Anderson," she sits down and pouts.

"But you can make me stand out, it's your job to."

I rub my temples, "I do what's best for the tv show, not what's best for you. I try my best to help you already. If you're not satisfied, go talk to the screenwriter!"

She huffs and storms out of my office. Just because I'm nice, they think that they can walk all over me. I open Bethany's email on my computer, and send her a reply, asking her to come in for an interview the next day. I double check my calendar to make sure that I have free time to do so.

Getting up, I head out of my office, since our fifteen minute break is over, and it's back to filming.

"SASKIA, I want your outrage to radiate off of your facial features, red cheeks for me, and narrow those big, blue eyes," I move the camera, so that the perspective is at her side. Perfect. Just like that. At least she follows my instructions, if not anything else.

When we're done for the day, I'm relaxing on the couch in my office, extremely exhausted.

"Xo?" The screenwriter walks in, and he grabs a seat next to me, "I'm so over these actresses," he groans and I do too.

"Millie talked to you?" I ask. Anderson nods and sighs. I place my head on his lap and yawn. He's gay, so I'm pretty comfortable with him. If he was straight, it would be a different story.

"She does realize that she's just a recurring character, right?" He mumbles. I smile and shake my head. It doesn't seem like she does, "we need to get laid. All this work stress is killing me," he moves my hair from under my head, and starts running his fingers through it.

"I need a long vacation, alone."

"I need a long vacation, with my handsome husband. We haven't had decent sex since Nathaniel was adopted. That boy cries all the time!"

I laugh and stretch my arms above my head, "it's your third kid. I'd think you would get used to it by now," he caresses my cheek with his thumb, and shakes his head.

"Never gets boring in my house though. The kids want to go to Disney World, again. How many times does one need to hug Mickey Mouse?" I sit up, and look at the distraught on his face. He's a Grindr success story, eight years and counting.

"I'm heading home to my empty house, tell Michael and the kids hi for me," he nods, as I grab my handbag and overcoat.

"See you bright and early tomorrow, Xo," he nudges me, as we both exit my office. I lock my door with the key, and we head in opposite directions. When I make it to my car, I'm thinking about Bethany again. I'm going to see her tomorrow. I inhale a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.