12

"I LEFT a towel on the sink for you," Bethany walks back into the closet with a towel wrapped around her body.

"Thanks," I didn't find something to wear. All of these clothes are making my head spin.

"Over there," she points and leads me over, "blouses and jeans," she begins to nibble on her bottom lip, "these here might fit you nicely," I'm more interested in her lack of clothing than the search for them, "Xiomara?"

"Yeah?" My eyes flutter to hers, and she's smiling.

"Is your life ever going to be less complicated?" She asks. I have to give her brownie points. Even though she's the younger one, she's more open about her feelings than I am. I expect myself to be more mature and forthcoming than her.

"Yes, I think it will be. I'm just, I—" want you so badly that I don't want you at the same time, "I'm confused with my feelings."

"Me too," she assures and reaches for my hand with hers, "just don't push me away. We can be friends until you're ready."

That makes me so happy—knowing that I can have her in my life, regardless of a relationship, sounds amazing.

"Friends, huh?" I sigh. This means that I can't kiss or touch her. It'll be so fucking hard!

"Blue likes you, and I think you're good for him," usually, a responsibility like that would get anyone running. Who wants to be a priority in a kids life? Oh right, me. I love kids. And I love Blue already.

Does this mean that I love Bethany? Platonically, maybe. I'm sure that I'm not in love with her yet. And hopefully, I won't be anytime soon or ever, for that matter...

"I wouldn't run away from him anyway," I'm referring to her too, hoping that she realizes that I want her in my life.

"Good," she grabs a blouse from the railing, and hands it to me, "I'm sure this one will fit you perfectly," I nod, as she steps away, and heads over to another railing.

Taking a moment to settle my thoughts, I walk out of the closet, and towards the bathroom. A warm shower will do me some good.

"MOMMY," BLUE whines, as we walk into the elevator, "I want Xo to lift me," he finally dropped the repetition for once.

"Fine," she gives him to me, and I grin at him, "you two enjoy yourselves," she waves, as she steps out of the elevator when it begins to close.

Blue's eyes widen and he squeals, "Mommy, no!" Tears are falling from his eyes, and he stretches his hand for her. Bethany places her hand in between the colliding doors, and pouts at him.

"Come here, buddy," he envelopes her in his arms, and buries his head into the crook of her neck.

"Well, well," I arch my brow, as the doors close, and the elevator begins to move. Crossing my arms over my chest, I miss having him in my arms.

"Mommy, no pancocks for you," I lean against the wall, and stare at the two of them.

"And why?" Bethany asks. He wipes his eyes with his little fists and sniffles.

"I'm cryding, you meany," I place my hand over my chest. Aw, his duck lips are the most adorable thing ever.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she rubs his back soothingly, "I'll buy you ice-cream, okay?" His eyes light up immediately.

"Extra springles?" She considers it for a moment, "pwease, Mommy?"

"Okay, do I get ice-cream too?" The intensity of his duck lips increases, as he rubs his chin with his index finger in consideration.