𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :

Kaiden's POV :

After continuing examining the other stations the said program commence to it's end, the judges who mocked my work apologize on me non-stop in front of the audience who keep on murmuring with each other while keep looking at our direction.

I just shrugged them off and start to get my belongings and leave this place to find where i could get some food to eat.

Slinging the straps of my shoulder bag and scooter, me and my new invention that are floating just beside me, start to make our way out of the auditorium.

Just making it at the entrance, a voice stop me on my track to go to the main campus.

Looking behind me, I saw Austine with his things running towards me. Making me stare at him while I wait for him to get where I am.

Waiting for him to know what he needs. I just stood there looking at him who's in front of me now panting while trying catching his breath.

"K-kai.... Just... a.... mo.. ment..."

Finally composing himself, he stood properly and straighten his uniform that got a little out of place.

"Are you going to get something to eat?" He ask while looking at me. And just by that i nod my head and start to leave. Marching my way to who knows where.

"W-wait!" He said AGAIN. I'm getting impatient now. I need to eat right now away.

I just look at him coldly. Having a empty stomach makes me get easily annoyed for some reason and i don't like it at all.

"I bought an extra sandwich at the sandwich store we go last month." Realizing that his giving me a food makes my spirit to go up higher in an instant.

'That's what I've been waiting for. Food.'

While walking I just notice the amount of students around us. Chattering with their own group of friends while the others are just minding their own business.

I turn on my side, glancing at my companion who's keep looking around the place. Then turn to my invention with the name of Taro.

He morphed his self in a drone like bot to float around. The orb really do work after so many try from 2 years back there.

'Gin will going to be thrilled about having a new bot-' my thoughts suddenly got interrupted with a tap at my shoulder making me go back on my senses.

Turning to my companion, who is already sitting at one of the bench in front of us with his things and invention at his side, gesture me to sit so I did as I was told.

"Here, have some." Taking some I look at it then to him, who is staring at me expectantly.

"Thank you." I quietly said and take a bite with my sandwich while he take a bite from his.

°°°°

Austine's POV :

"Thank you." I smile to myself after hearing that. And happily take a bite with my own sandwich.

Glancing at him every time i have the chance, i always see him in deep thoughts. Or sadyang lagi lang talaga syang lutang.

"Kai, pwede magtanong?" Pagtawag pansin ko rito na agad din niyang kinalingon sa gawi ko.

"You already did." Ok pahiya ako dun ha. Pero oo nga naman tanga lang Austine?

Anyway....

"Pano mo ginawa yun? Like kanina sa program parang chill na chill ka lang. May iniinom ka ba?! Aminin mo? Satin-satin lang naman eh." Sambit ko dito na kinabukas-pikit ng mata nya.

" No i didn't drink any." Lintanya nito. Na nagpabukas-pikit sa mata ko. Oh gaya-gaya lang diba?

"Oo nga pala kanina dun sa auditorium sabi mo ikaw mismo yung gumawa ng orb na yun. Pano?" Tanong ko dito, actually I've been waiting to ask that. Kase ang hirap kaya gumawa nun! Like baka sa pagpaplano palang ng mga materials na gagamitin dun sumabog na utak ko.

"The orb?" He ask then look at the distance.

"Yeah if you don't mind."

"I made that orb 2 years ago and it's not easy at all." Saad nito. So coincidence lang na nagamit nya yun ngayon?

"And yeah I never expected to use it at all." Wait did he just read my thoughts out loud. But nevertheless he answer my non verbal question.

"Don't give me that look... It's just all over your face." Saad nito na kinatameme ko.

I just look at him with a poker face, I can't fought this guy at all. His so unusual but cool.

"I'm just looking at you though." I innocently said as I side glance him as I chew on my sandwich.

"...... If you say so." He nonchalantly said with a straight face. Making me almost spat out my chewed piece of sandwich.

"My god! Your funny in a way!" I said chuckling, feeling more comfortable and at ease in his presence even though he speak so little.

Kai just stare at me along with his drone that's been floating beside him. Making me a little bit curious.

"Kai, how did you think of making a metalloid in this event? It makes me curious like. It's really awesome that it seems like your so confident that you'll be done with it no matter what."

"I.... don't know either... "

That's what all he said then once again look at the distance with such look in his eyes that I can seems to tell what's going on in his mind.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, or maybe... Theirs more into him that's still not spoken of.