The Story Continues in Roatan Plunge

Roatan Plunge | Love Travels #2

Chapter One: Lorena

It's a harsh truth that no matter how epic your fan blog is, you will not be able to pay the bills with that success. I know, because even after my latest five posts went viral, the blog has netted me just over six dollars this month.

Which could be because I have no idea how to run a website for actual money and mostly spend my time writing about everyone except the club's all-star players.

But I can't be blamed. They are annoying rich jerks and they already get enough press.

I deposit my earnings into my account and take another glance at the final balance as I hop onto the train. The numbers are screaming 'just get a job, Lorena! Any job will do,' but my pride will not allow it. I may have bombed the last six or sixty interviews but I will prove everyone wrong and find something perfect.

The train door closes behind me, narrowly missing my purse as they do. Resisting the urge to curse out the doors—there are children present—I make my way through the crowded aisle until I find a place to stand. The train jerks to a start and I pull up Real Barcelona news on my phone, searching for ideas for my next blog post. I might as well get as much writing done as I can while I'm technically unemployed.

As we approach the next stop, people shuffle about the train, making their way to the doors. A little girl crawls onto her mother's lap to leave room for me and I smile as I make my way to the bench to sit down.

Even in this loud, crowded train full of obnoxious teenagers and one yapping dog, the tell-tale echo of a seam ripping apart is all that greets me as I lower myself onto the ugly blue bench. And an uncomfortable warmth of public transit plastic is all the proof I need that the sound eminated from me.

I really would like to speak to whoever is in charge of the seams on women's dress suit things. Honestly. I pay good money for these items and I can't even convince one of them to last a whole year before I'm sitting here hoping everyone else gets off the train so I won't have any witnesses when I stand up and flash my last clean pair of underwear—a sparkly red thong—to the entire crowded train car.

Thankfully, everyone has the decency to pretend they did not notice what happened. Everyone, that is, except an older man sitting across the aisle flashing me a cheeky grin.

Ew.

My phone, fast becoming the harbinger of nothing but bad news, buzzes in my hand, the screen showing the number my landlord's agent uses when he calls. The last thing I need right now is to be homeless.

"Hello?" I say when the call connects. "What can I do for you?"

I fish around in my purse until I find a somewhat opaque reusable shopping bag I can fashion around my waist like a sort of backwards apron. I'm going to have to get off this train eventually, so I might as well multitask.

"Lorena, it's Javi. I'm sorry to call again but I still don't have your rent for this month or last and I really need to know what's going on."

"So sorry, Javi. I meant to call you but I've been so wrapped up in this family emergency I've not even had time to eat properly." I hold my breath, hoping my lie will hold him off at least a few more days until I can land a job. Maybe THE job. And then I can pay the rent, or at least borrow the money from Carla until I get this all sorted out.

"I'm so sorry, Lor—Lorena. I didn't know. Do you need anything? I can have the guys bring some food by maybe, or—"

I cut him off before he offers me anything more inappropriate than food. "Javi, I'm not even at home. I appreciate the offer, but really, I'm fine. I'll give you a call once I'm back in town and we can figure it out?"

The train emerges from a tunnel and the next stop announcement is less than thirty seconds away. I can't let him hear it. So I cut him off mid sentence. "I'm so sorry, Javi. I have to go. Sorry!"

My stomach turns at all the lies I've told him. Does it make it better or worse that I'm only lying to him to make sure he doesn't offer to let me live with him? The man is impossibly decent, but about as exciting as a pack of rice crackers.

My mother would probably kill me for what I've just done. And what I'm about to do. And what I'm doing right now. But what do I care? She made her choices.

I'm Lorena Martinez and I'm an independent woman who refuses to call her mom.

. . .

~ * ~

Thank you so much for reading and supporting Vegas Knot! It's been a delight to write and the reads and votes and comments really give me so much joy, knowing others are enjoying the result of all that hard work! So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for spending some of your precious time on me and my books.

Now... for the exciting part...

Love Travels Book Two is HERE!

You read that right, friends! The second book in the Love Travels series (Lorena and Oscar's story) has arrived! I will be posting every Wednesday (at least) until it is complete.

I hope you loved the teaser of the first part of chapter one, and I hope you'll hop on over to the next book (Roatan Plunge) to keep reading the rest of the story. There might be a little wedding to be had in Honduras and a certain exceptionally rich and famous brother in attendance.

You can find Roatan Plunge on my profile authorelizasolares . You can't miss the bright orange cover just waiting for you to dive into this delightful rivals-to-lovers island romance. I hope you'll join us for the second book and I'm sure you'll love it just as much as the first. Lorena and Oscar are already proving to be formidable opponents and very entertaining characters.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I'll see you over in book two, Roatan Plunge.

Either way, you are the best!
~Eliza.

~ * ~

Lorena Martinez is tired of games

Lorena Martinez is tired of games. After a revolving door of ridiculous men playing her like a fiddle, Lorena had her life built on something more stable: her job. And it was going just fine until she got fired.

With nothing to lose, she takes a shot at her dream role as a travel agent and writer. Instead of an interview, she has to plan an epic week of adventures for her friend's wedding week on the beautiful island of Roatán, Honduras.

Before she has the chance to get a foothold on the island, she falls off a wharf and is rescued by the charming, handsome, and exceedingly rich Honduran fútbol star, Óscar Calderón. His deep brown eyes are all she can think about until he ruins it by trying to take over her role as trip coordinator.

When the bride and groom refuse to choose between Lorena and Óscar, they take matters into their own hands. Working together is impossible, so maybe the solution is a competition.

It turns out Lorena might not be all that tired of games, after all.