15. Only The Good Die Young

[VOTEZ et COMMENTEZ]

Chapter 15- "Only The Good Die Young"

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

Spencer's POV

"Who was the fifth President of The United States?"

"James Monroe."

"Who wrote the Scarlett Letter?"

" Nathaniel Hawthorne."

"Top Five Countires according to nominal Gross Domestic Product?"

"The United States of America, China, Japan, Germany and France."

"List The Beatle's twenty US number ones."

"By release date, song title or number of weeks at number one?"

Karla looked up and smiled, "Damn, Super Spencer is back and better than ever."

I smirked out of cockiness, "And he's going to obliterate these last few exams."

She chuckled, "That's my boy." she closed the book, shutting the flash cards in between one of the pages and began to pack her bag.

I frowned as I watched her and rested (rougher than I intended) a hand on top of her as to stop her from continuing, "What are you doing?"

She looked around the library before staring back at me, "Spence, we've been here since three."

I slipped my hand from on top of hers and quickly looked at my watch, "It's only slightly after five, Karly."

She blinked, "Yes and we've done nothing but talk about dead presidents and the mind-fuck that is biology." She sighed, "can we at least take a five minute break."

It was my turn to blankly stare and blink, "Karla, I have As in all of my classes, I'm sure I aced all my other tests and this is the first term that I have a clear shot at a 4. GPA. I plan to make these last three tests my bitch."

"And you will."

I snorted, "I almost tripped up on that Diffusion-Osmosis question."

She huffed. "But you didn't."

"Yeah, but I took eleven seconds to answer it." I paused, "Eleven, Karla, eleven!"

"Spence, you're doing it again."

I narrowed my eyes, "Doing what?"

"You're letting these exams turn you into a monster."

I scoffed, "Stop exaggerating."

"For God's sake Spencer, they sound alarms when you come down the hall and everyone screams and runs for their lives."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

She followed suit with her brown pair, "Look, I'm going home and going try to get some sleep."

"Amateur." I mumbled and let her pack her things up before half-heartedly waving a goodbye as she left.

I spent the next thirty minutes in the Biology book and before I could switch to American History, someone cleared their throat. The overpowering feeling to roll my eyes made it clear who it was – even if I didn't hear the voice.

"What do you want Mathew." I blurted out, keeping my eyes down on the lines in the book – even if I wasn't actually reading anymore.

He chuckled lightly, "How do you do that?"