10. Jagged Little Pills

[Vote and Comment to congratulate me for sticking with this up to the double digits :p]

Chapter 10 – Jagged Little Pills

I Won't leave You Lonely – Shania Twain

Ethan's POV

"You know, I expected this from you, Ethan but not you, Spencer."

Mrs. Tanner – our Family Life teacher was extra bitchy today – and by the way her face swelled – it must have been her time of the month; that happens right?

Either that or she was attacked by a swarm of bees – and that's not that unlikely. Who didn't hate her shrill voice and her ability to make young children cry?

"Mr. Littman!" she screeched. I jumped at the sound of her wicked witch voice.

"I'm here."

She rolled her eyes, "I never expected this out of you, Spencer."

Spencer sighed, "I'm really, really sorry Mrs. Tanner but Ethan here," he looked over at me with those judging eyes that caused me to shrink in my seat, "forgot to mention the fact that the baby dolls needed their special food or they would die."

"Hey," I shot, "how is this only my fault? Spencer was the one who kept it and left it on his dresser for an entire week. If anything, he should be charged with child abandonment."

"She gave you the instructions to give to me, you idiot. All of this could have been avoided." he retorted

"Yes, well, that was my mistake," she admitted, peering at us over her humongous, dinosaur glasses as we sat in front of her desk after class had ended. "So, I'm giving you to another shot instead of failing you right out."

I sighed in relief. I didn't need to fail another subject – that was for sure. "Okay, so where's our black baby?"

She smiled, "Bring him in Stacy."

The door opened and both Spencer and I turned to see who she was talking to. In walked a woman who was holding a child by the hand and guiding him in.

Both me and Spencer looked at one another in panic and fear and then back at our teacher who wore a deviant smirk. "You can't be serious, Mrs. Tanner."

"What? You wanted a black baby, didn't you?"

"Yes, I believe in being multicultural but this is taking it to the extreme, don't you think?"

"Well, it's either this or nothing so what is it going to be boys?"

I looked over to Spencer who wore the same pale expression – one that told us both that we knew that we would regret saying yes.

"Yes." We both said in unison. Mrs. Tanner smiled and cleared her throat while calling over Stacy and her child.

"You will spend one day – from three o'clock this afternoon to three o'clock tomorrow afternoon with little Tommy here and you will make him happy because his happiness will define your grade. And you better pay more attention to him than you did that poor doll because F is going to stand for Felony if you don't. Come back after school to pick him up."

I swallowed. I couldn't keep a cabbage patch kid without something going seriously wrong how suppose to take care of a real living baby?

"Now hurry and get to your next class."

I sighed and stood with Spencer, glancing at the young toddler one more time. Looking him directly in his big brown eyes and shivering at the thought that I was suppose to keep them shining and sparkling.