[26] Falling...

"you live in my mind

"you live in my mind."

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

As I get out of my much needed shower after coaching all morning, I check my phone and notice a text from Sterling. "I'm picking you up in 30 minutes, wear something warm and bring the mittens I got you."

"Oh god. I would say no but Jemma's out and being home alone freaks me out."

"Good, and in that case, maybe I'll tell Jemma to stay home more often." I roll my eyes at his reply and start to get dressed.

I pick out some leggings with a fluffy lining on the inside and throw on the first hoodie I find. I dry my wet hair and put on some light makeup for shits and giggles. I send a quick text to Jemma letting her know I won't be home to avoid her worrying. Eating a quick bowl of cereal, which by the way is one of the greatest snacks, I finish getting ready and wait for Sterling.

I hear his car pull into the driveway and I walk out of my house. Locking the door, I make my way over to him.

"I knew you would forget a hat." He meets me half way down the driveway and pulls a beanie down onto my head, definitely messing my hair up.

I sheepishly smile at the tower of a man in front of me, "Thanks, darling."

He hums, acknowledging my gratitude and makes his way back to his vehicle. "Nice hoodie by the way."

My brows furrow in confusion until I realize the hoodie I picked out is his.

Oh.

I follow Sterling as he opens the door for me and I sit down in the passenger seat.

We spend the car ride chatting about anything but where he's taking me because apparently 'that's a secret.'

I try and identify where we're going but I don't recognize the area, possibly because I've never been here before but probably because I'm directionally challenged.

It's only until we pull into the parking lot and I read the sign do I know where I am; his team's hockey rink. Somewhere I have been multiple times before, which means it really was just my idiocy, not my unfamiliarity.

"C'mon Laney, I'm taking you skating." Sterling opens my car door and takes my hand as I get out.

God help me. This should be interesting considering I cannot skate.

Yes, I am Canadian and I can't skate. I'm an embarrassment to the nation as a whole, I get it.

Whatever, because I guess I'm learning today.

We walk in and I'm surprised to find no one there, a drastic difference from the busyness of game night.

"Sit." Sterling motions for me to take a seat on the bench, skates in his hand.