[Epilogue] Down the aisle

"everything happens for a reason"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

ANOTHER YEAR LATER

"There, it's perfect," Jemma whispers as she finishes tying the back of my wedding dress.

I can't believe the day is finally here.

After months and months of planning every detail meticulously, I'm officially about to get married to the man of my dreams.

This morning has been perfect, despite the butterflies swarming my stomach constantly. I don't know why I'm so nervous, the idea of marrying Sterling makes me so happy I could cry. I think I'm just excited and jittery and my body doesn't like having to sit here and wait for the big moment.

I look in the mirror and will myself not to tear up, I just finished my makeup.

"You look beautiful, honey," my mom tells me.

I hear agreeing noises from the rest of my girls. Jemma is, of course, my maid of honour. The rest of my bridesmaids consist of Aspen, Beth, Harper, Daisy, and Charlotte. Who all look amazing in their light blue dresses. All of them, by the way, including mine, were made by Aspen who is an incredible fashion designer.

I love the way all of their dresses are the same colour yet a different style to match their personalities to a tee. For example, Jemma's dress is a sweetheart neckline that flows down to the floor effortlessly, while Harper's hugs her curves perfectly with a striking slit up her leg.

I look around at my best friends and I can only smile at how grateful I got. Every day I praise my past self for meeting these girls and securing them as such pillars in my life. I don't deserve them. I will never be able to thank them enough for everything they've done for me. Whether it was my countless panic attacks or my car accident, they've stuck by my side through the roughest patches of my life.

"Alright, I think it's showtime, we should leave you to it," Daisy checks the time and informs the group.

I nod my head in understanding and give them all one last hug.

"I'm so glad you're going to be my sister," Charlotte mumbles into my neck, and water wells in my eyes.

"This is your day, hun, soak it in, god knows you deserve it," Aspen tells me.

Jemma quickly wipes a tear running down her cheek. "Words will never express how happy I am for you."

"I thank the universe every day that my best friend was shitty at psych. I couldn't imagine my life without you and I couldn't imagine Sterling without you either." Daisy's words make me giggle a little.

Beth shoots me one of her reassuring smiles that tells me all that I need to know without even saying anything. Harper smacks a kiss onto my cheek and whispers something rather inappropriate about the wedding night to me. Then, she takes her wife in one hand and their daughter in the other and leaves the room with everyone else.