[28] A lightweight

"it's in the little actions"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

"C'mon Blake, let loose a little, come with us tonight," Luke pleads for the sixth time today.

Weirdly enough I actually consider going to this party, something I rarely do. Parties are definitely not my scene considering I hate most people and I don't drink alcohol, both of which make a party, a party.

I rinse off my plate in the sink and place it in the dishwasher, standing up I look over at my friend who looks desperate as can be. "There is literally zero appeal to me, why would I ever agree?"

"I bet I can change your mind." Mason walks into the kitchen joining our conversation.

What an eavesdropper.

"Oh, here we go," I roll my eyes. "What do you have for me, Young?"

"Daisy was texting with Delaney earlier today and she's going tonight."

Huh, Laney at a party? I'm hesitant to even believe Mason but when he confirms she was convicted to go by the rest of the girls I can picture it. As much as Laney hates crowds and would probably rather study on a Friday night, she loves her friends even more.

"I assume Theo's now going if Aspen is too," I mutter. I guess if everyone is going, I might as well tag along.

Mason nods his head and I warily agree to going out tonight.

I am definitely going to regret this.

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

We arrive at the party and I already want to ditch this plan. Luke and Owen run in, probably to find alcohol, and Mason and Daisy follow hand in hand.

"Jesus Christ, how did I get roped into this again?" I mutter, turning to Theo who looks almost as miserable as me.

"You didn't, bud, you agreed." He gives me a pat on the back. "Because you're whipped."

I narrow my eyes at him and slap him in the chest. Tough talk for a kid living in denial over his feelings for a curly haired blonde. "I am not whipped."

"Whatever you say, darling," Theo sings the nickname Laney dubbed for me, but before I can hit him again — this time much harder — he jogs into the house, leaving me alone. I take a deep breath, letting the cold fresh air invade my nostrils, and I savour it knowing that a bunch of young adults in a small house is going to reek of sweat and booze.

I groan to myself as I make my way into my own personal hell, with my eyes peeled for a certain 5'3" brunette.

I take in my surroundings, watching a bunch of horny college kids grind on each other to music that will most definitely burst someone's eardrums by the end of the night. It's a typical party with the expected cheap alcohol, cup pong, couples making out in various corners, and frat boys doing dumb shit.