[48] Magical hands

"seeing you heals me"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

Warning: Mature content

I open my eyes, slowly adjusting to the sunlight, and bask in the feeling of first waking up. When you're in-between sleep and consciousness and your brain hasn't had enough time to turn on, so all your worries are gone.

But, like the high-strung person I am, my brain works double speed to quickly end that nice feeling and I begin to remember the events of last night.

Panic attack. Sterling. Crying.

God, last night was a disaster.

I check the time, and realize it's already really late into the morning, or should I say afternoon.

About to get out of bed, I hear a knock on my door and Jemma peeks her head through the crack. "Oh shoot, did I wake you?" Her wide blue eyes stare back at me.

"No, Jem. You're good, I woke up a few minutes ago."

She smiles at me, a sympathetic look coating her face. "How are you feeling?" Jemma walks over and joins me in my bed.

"I'm okay. Still pretty tired, I guess I really wore myself out."

"I'm sure you did, it was a pretty long one, Dell. Thank god for Sterling though, I don't know how he managed to get you to sleep."

I know how.

It's because Sterling is my safe place.

"Speaking of, where is he?" I ask.

"Don't worry, he's still here. He's downstairs making food with Chase. He didn't want to leave without making sure you would be okay when you woke up," she explains. "He's a good one."

"He really is," I agree as I pull one of his hoodies over my head, loving the way it still smells like him, despite the fact that I stole it from him a month ago and he hasn't worn it since.

Jemma and I leave the comfort and warmth of my bed and head downstairs.

"Sleeping beauty is awake," my brother says as he ruffles my hair and pulls me in for a hug. "By the way, mom called me and wants you to call her when you get the chance."

"Alright, I'll talk to her a little later."

I can always count on Chase to not dwell too hard on my panic attacks the previous night. Growing up, my parents coddled me for days after my attack, and as much as I love them, I would rather have them act normal.

He grabs a stack of pancakes and brings them over to the counter, immediately stuffing his face when he sits down. That boy can eat.

I laugh at the content smile on his face, and I walk further into the kitchen. I place a quick kiss on Sterling's cheek as he continues to flip pancakes.