Get.

"The arrival of emperor Lon." Ress, Aria's eunuch announced. All the wives stood from their chairs and bowed all except Aria, rather he had a very gloomy expression.

"May the emperor live a long happy life." they all announced as Aria just sat there, lips pursed in a line and in a very deadly mood.

"My empress, it's been so long since I last saw you. Aren't you going to greet your husband." the emperor said with a smirk.

"And who's fault is it that I've been absent?"  Aria replied.

"Imperial Concubine Rose, I hope you're doing well." the emperor said facing the said woman, she replied while bowing her head and all the other wives were speechless.

They were surprised because not only did the emperor not ask the empress of his well being, but he went as far as to humiliate him by acknowledging a lowly peasant in the harem.

All the other wives looked to the empress to see his reaction only to find a smile, they were stupified and dumbfounded. Those who knew her very well knew that smile was the most dangerous of all the smiles in the empire.

"I'll just sip my tea and watch dear husband be all lovey dovey with the peasant." Aria said loudly enough for both people to hear and smiled smugly when the emperor glared at him.

"Mind your tongue." The emperor said through gritted teeth, visibly and audibly annoyed.

"Do see yourself out dear husband. And remember to never set foot in my Imperial Harem meetings again." Aria said seriously.

"How dare you!" shouted the emperor's Imperial advisor. And the whole hall went dead quiet and this when the advisor realized his mistake. He just yelled at the empress, the second most powerful person in the whole empire.

"Such disrespect, Eunuch Ress, What's the punishment for yelling at a royal. Most specifically an Empress?" Aria asked turning towards Ress whilst leisurely sipping his tea.

The Imperial advisor's face paled, he had not meant to yell at the empress for he was caught in the heat of the moment because no one has ever dared to talked that way to the emperor.

"Your majesty, beheading of culprit and all family members." Eunuch Ress said.

"Your majesty please have mercy on this soul." the advisor knelt down very quickly begging for his life.

"Aria don't be hasty." the emperor said trying to save one of his men, but not only did he add fuel to the fire, he also angered Aria.

"So you allow such insolence in your empire, how novel. Remember dear husband these are rules written by you and the previous leaders of the nation. They are as powerful as an Imperial decree. Stand in their way and I won't hesitate to clear that filth you love." Aria voiced in a relaxed tone.

All the other spectators could feel the tension between the emperor and the empress, the empress just publicly in front of one hundred  people said that he will kill the Imperial Concubine if the emperor does not follow through with the advisors punishment.

Aria was cleaning out all the people who were involved in his framing and he just started with the advisor. The advisor was the one to declare that given the evidence against the empress he should be punished accordingly and thus reason why the emperor striped Aria of his title and sent him to the cold palace.

At the moment everyone was shocked by the bluntness of the empress. They shivered and were sweating all over, it wasn't a secret that the empress was powerful, but to see him actually challenge the most powerful man in the nation, they were respectful.