Divorce

The emperor had returned to his chambers with Rose stuck to his hip like a leech. The concubine was now seated on the sovereign's lap and kissing his neck and sucking trying her best to get the attention of the seated man. Tyler on the other hand had his empress on his mind, he regrets forcing himself on the man and doesn't know why he really did it. Was is it his pride or ego that made him hurt the mother of his four kids.

"Your majesty what's wrong?" Rose asked acting all innocent, whilst smiling like a whore on the inside, she knew very well what was wrong but she needed the emperor to voice it himself.

"Nothing. Why don't you give me some privacy, I have memoirs to attend to." He said rubbing his temples, Kathy's slap and Aria's words were ringing in his head and he needed to do something about the problems his country are facing. The Concubine was reluctant at first but after a quick make out session with the ruler did she get up and leave the emperor's bedroom. Tyler stood and went to his study to look at the memoirs sent in by his ministers and their departments.

Meanwhile Aria was walking back towards the palace and made his way towards his palace not before paying the emperor a visit. He walked towards the said man's palace and let the eunuch announce his arrival and all the servants in the area bowed their heads in respect.

"Where's the emperor?" He asked one of the servants who was nearest to him.

"In the study your highness." The servants said bowing his head further, but was a common practice to bow further when speaking to royalty in this country. It was done to show the royals who was actually speaking, since the servants, commoners or nobles had to bend about 25° when greeting royalty but when speaking they went further and bent a whole 45°.

Aria took off towards the study and opened the door without knocking and the emperor who was reading memoirs raised his head to see which peasant had the nerve to barge into his study when he forgot there were only two people who were capable of getting on his nerves. He saw that it was the empress and all the words he was about to bawl out were caught in his throat.

"What brings my wife here?"  Tyler asked sitting up right and dropping the tablet he was holding.

"I'm leaving you and I'm taking the kids with me." Aria said pouring water from the water dispenser that was near the door into a cup and drinking it while walking towards the couch that was seating infront of the emperor's dark oak table.

"I don't seem to understand the empress' words. Would you care to simplify for this emperor?" Tyler asked utterly confused by the sudden change in emotion in the empress. Aria was being cold towards the emperor and Tyler didn't like but there was nothing he could do he deserves every bit of it.

"I would like to get a divorce and custody over the kids." Aria said sipping the water from the cup elegantly. He was seated on the couch in the study, one leg above the other and with an icy cold stare at the emperor.

"That's preposterous! They're my kids, you can't take them away from me. They're my flesh and blood!" Tyler yelled and Aria scoffed.

"You're kids?" He snickered. "You didn't name them, you weren't there when I gave birth four times under one hour, you were absent from their whole five years of life, you're not even named on their certificate, you don't even know their birthday and you have the nerve to say they're your kids. I'm coming back tomorrow with the divorce papers and moving back to my country with my kids."

Aria finished, stood up and walked out of the study leaving the emperor ashamed of himself. He has never been this embarrassed in his life. Now all he had to do was sit back and watch as his legal wife go with his kids. Should he even call them his, he has been absent from their lives and doesn't even know their names. He's a disgrace of a father, his father would be ashamed of him when he comes back from his trip.

"Eunuch Ress, go and draft my last decree as empress. The golden palace shall be under Head Maid Eunice's care, no one shall enter the palace unless they are one of the empress' trusted followers, those who enter without Eunice's permission shall be beheaded. Royal Consort Lee shall be granted a new title, Imperial Palace Wife, she is to be given two hundred thousand diamonds from my treasury as a reward, she shall act as the new heard of the harem and shall be the emperor's temporary empress until an official one if chosen. The title of crown prince shall be revoked from 1st Prince Aaron and be bestowed upon the 3rd Princess Jasmine, she shall be given five thousand gold bars from my treasury . Get it done and give it to emperor after using my seal." Aria said and Eunuch Ress rushed to draft down what he heard before he forgets.

"Eunice, I'm entrusting my palace with you and expect it to be well taken care of. I will have it demolished in a year's time after selling all the furniture. Now go pack mine and the kids clothes I'm leaving tomorrow morning."

"Your highness are you sure, you want to do this?" Eunice asked kneeling down with teary eyes. She has never seen her master this cold and devoid of emotions, sure he would be cold at times but this was a new kind of cold and it was a blizzard. His whole body was radiating a cold aura.

"Head Steward Richard. Get the imperial lawyer to draft a divorce agreement and bring it here for me to sign, I want it done by tonight, the emperor shall be served tomorrow morning with it. The imperial treasury shall be given half my wealth and the emperor shall attain my golden chest." Aria said.

"YOUR HIGHNESS! ANYTHING BUT THE CHEST!" Head Steward Richard said kneeling down like thunder at the mention of the golden chest. It had the rarest of minerals in the world, minerals only he had access to and he was given them to the man who hurt him the most.

"Do you refuse to carry out this empress' order." He said coldly and poor Richard shuddered.

"I dare not your majesty." He rashly remarked.

"Good, go and do as I ask." Aria said and the steward got up and ran for his life to get everything ready.

"Lucy".

"Yes your highness." A young beautiful woman answered kneeling elegantly in from of Aria.

"Tell Eunuch Ress to also draft another decree. The emperor needs to expand his bloodline therefore the empress as given him a farewell gift of twenty new concubines for him to love and respect. The empress hopes that the emperor will find a new empress in his harem. Make sure Ress writes it as I've said it else I'll have you head feed to the tigers." Aria said and poor Lucy shuddered at the last sentence.

"Your highness your bags are ready." Eunice said

"Thank you Eunice, I appreciate your devotion to me." Aria said before walking towards where his kids were playing. The quad liked playing in the garden, Aria made a perfect choice when deciding to get the space in the side yard of his palace made into a garden.

"Children! Come here mommy had something to say." Aria said, smiling a little when he saw kids chasing each other on the lucious green grass.

"Mother!" They all squealed running towards Aria. They jumped on the poor smiling man as they all giggled, empress included.

"What brings mother here?" Aaron asked he stopped giggling but had a smile on his face. Aria feigned fake hurt by holding his chest, gasping  and making a dramatic face.

"Am I not allowed to see my kids whenever I feel like." He said wiping away a fake tear and looking miserable, when in reality he wasn't.

"Mother don't cry! I was just playing." Aaron said and all the other sibling nodded. Aria smiled and tickled Aaron who was now full on panic for having caused his mother 'emotional' discomfort.
Said boy now laughing his lungs out, his siblings joined seeing that they were all having a joyous occasion.