(28) The Last Act

Quilo Ramos, Quilo Fucking Ramos, Quilo Fucking Ramos, Quilo Mother Fucking Ramos. I screamed into my pillow, my rage and fury echoing in my ears until my throat burned. My heart thundered, like it had when I'd jumped off that cliff into the lake below when the heat had gotten too much. He'd been furious with me when we'd returned from The Vaults, he'd yelled at me about how reckless I'd been. I hadn't heard a word of it, all I could feel was the thrumming of the mark on my neck. I could still feel it now, it was driving me insane. Gods I hated him. He'd left early this morning before I'd even awoken, a note left on my nightstand said he'd be back before we needed to leave for The Vaults this evening. It did not say where he'd gone. I hoped he'd found some woman who was willing to take the edge off, maybe he'd stop taking his frustration out on me then.

I sighed, He was fucking everywhere. I could feel him echoing in every part of my being, all because of the bite on my neck. I'd thought he had been embarrassed once we had returned back to our room, that had not been it at all. I didn't think I would ever understand him, didn't think I'd get the chance to. That thought made my heart tumble slightly... this could be my last day alive. The plan was to infiltrate the Vaults and get the object if there was one, once Quilo had it? I doubted he'd stick around or hesitate to end me. Especially after last night. Why was I sitting here waiting for him? I'd literally never had the opportunity to live before and here I was listening to the orders of some arsehole fae prince. What the fuck was up with that? I shook anger and something else I couldn't place filling my veins. It felt strange to think that my life could very well end tonight when it had never really begun. I had seen very little over my lifetime, experienced very little over my life too. Then I grinned. Grinned because I knew what we were walking into tonight and I had a plan, what could be my last act.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The door banged open and Quilo prowled in, holding what appeared to be a paper bag. He chucked it at me and I caught it. "I hate you" I snarled, shoving the chocolate cake he'd brought into my mouth. He snorted, "we need to leave soon. do you know what you're going to wear?" Grinning wickedly I nodded, already moving towards the bathroom. Quilo eyed me suspiciously as I slipped inside.

Standing before the mirror I smiled, a thrill shooting down my spine at what I was about to do. I'd left my hair trailing down my neck in loose waves, the length falling to my hips. All eyes would definitely be on me tonight, or more specifically on all of my skin that was on display. I wore a silver lace bodysuit, it dipped at the neckline to reveal more skin. The lace had holes in it that allowed you to see straight through to my skin, only the white bra and thong I wore hid my naughtier parts. You could clearly see that I was very pale, but the silver bodice worked with the colour. The gentle shimmer glinting in the faint lights above. Two white lace garters wrapped around my thighs, the effect it had was startling. My lips peeled back in a saccharine smile, the blood-red lipstick I'd worn proving to be effective. Despite all of the skin I had on show, despite the hair and makeup I wore, it was not that I knew would catch Quilo's attention. It was the knotted band of silver ribbon I'd wrapped around my throat, covering the mark he'd made. Each time I moved the friction of it sent bolts of pleasure through me, reminding me of exactly why I was doing this. I would not go out without a fight, not now I'd just started to live a little.

The silver heels I'd worn clicked off the hardwood floor as I exited the bathroom, cool air biting at my ankles. I immediately felt Quilo's attention on me but I didn't bother looking at him, not yet. Strolling over to where my things rested I leaned over and picked up a white cloak, one I'd remove once we reached The Vaults. "what's that smell" Quilo breathed, tracking my every movement. "Peppermint" I answered, finally looking over at him. He swallowed, then swallowed again, his hands grasping just above his knees.