Brawl

As I turned away from my locker heading for first period, I felt a hard force connect to my face. I shrieked, dropping my books, cursing under my breath, my nose was stinging and my eyes watered. Who every punched me is going to get it an I mean it. "You really thought that there won't be any retaliation after what you pulled last night Black?" The dude from that party. I let out a low growl, I can to kill him right now if I wanted to or I could beat his ass into a bloody pulp. 'Raven please don't, stay calm' Willow spoke to me. "What the hell?" I snarled and students started to crowd around us. "Hopefully this will teach you how to mind your damn business" a smirk plastered on his face. Still holding my face I stared him down blankly, taking into consideration what Willow said, also not wanting to fight first thing in the morning. "What's wrong, getting cold feet Raven" he says in a snarky tone.

I sighed. "You know it's funny and quite pathetic that you're picking a fight with me over a girl that doesn't want you." I said while trying to ease the pain from my nose. My response seems to have hit a nerve with him, he stepped forward to swing again which I read. I pushed him into the lockers behind me. “You're making a fool of yourself. Knock it off" I hissed, frustrated. " You're a bitch you know that Black" he barked. It didn't phase me. His words were irrelevant to me. I shrugged and picked my books up, pushed through the crowd and continued my route to my class. "Yo, watch out!" a student shouted , my attention turned without realizing it was a warning. I got socked in the face again by another blow that made me angry. Willow warned me not to retaliate but sorry my friend I'm seeing red.

I turned to him pissed and returned a punch sending him to the ground. "You don't stop until you get what you want don't you." I said through gritted teeth. He stammered with his words, I gripped the hem of his shirt making him look directly at me. "I was just playing Raven chill" I pointed to my now bleeding nose and tightened the grip on his shirt. “ You call this playing Blake," I said in a cold tone. "I.." not wanting to hear an excuse I shoved him back and composed myself, I had to get to the nurses office now and probably miss the first period. The office was just upstairs away from the regular classes. I knocked on the door before entering, she was sitting at her desk, the chair back facing me. I cleared my throat getting her attention. She turned, her face grew into shock when she saw me. "Raven what happened to you?" she asked concerned, she knew me because of my previous visits due to my accidents at practice. "Long story short some asshole punched me in the face and I think it's broken" I grumbled sitting on the bed. “Language, and it isn't like you to get into problems." 

I scoffed at her statement, “Well Mrs. Hendrix I may have a foul mouth and snarky attitude but I don't get into anything unless provoked" she began laughing at my little ramble. My head was slightly tilted forward as she cleaned the blood around my nose and mouth. It's been a few minutes and the blood stopped running and she finished cleaning the dried parts off. “Don't blow your nose for a while, this would take some time to heal but knowing your species only a few days.” She told me, throwing the blooded rage in the garbage. I thanked her and we exchanged our goodbyes. After I got out I was pulled into the principal's office, great like I thought my day couldn't get worse already. 

“Now do you know why you're here Ms.Black" the principal questioned me. I shook my head no. I knew very well what I was in here for but I digress. " Raven, I called you here to get your side of the story of what happened this morning". I don't know what to tell her. That I was minding my business and was heading for my first class until this son of a bitch sucker punched me over something that happened out of school grounds. Yeah that's a perfect explanation, but I stayed silent. The office door opens behind me and he walks sitting beside me. Getting a side glance of his face left a nasty mark that has to hurt. “Mr.Jackson I understand that you were the one to throw the first punch, mind explaining why?” She asked him and he to remained quiet. She waited for one of us to break the silence and I knew it would not be me. " Well if you two are unwilling to speak up, it's a week suspension for you both for your misconduct along with detention." Shocked by her decision I wanted to speak up, before I could a teacher interrupted. "Oh, I'm sorry, is this a bad time?" she asked. " It's fine, these kids are about to be dismissed," she said. 

We left and walked along the empty halls. I sensed him staring. It was very irritating. “What do you want?" I growled baring my teeth. "This isn't over Raven, I"ll get you back for this" he said with a devious smirk. “ Is that supposed to scare me?" I chuckled, turning his way. “You should be. Watch your back” he then walked out of my sight. The nerve of this guy, are you that lonely man. Does he see me as competition for this girl? 'Threat or not Raven, he can be a real problem' they said. 'no shit you think' I said, rolling my eyes snapping at them. 'calm down , just take it easy and head home. The school is going to call one of your parents'. Their right, hell will rise when one of them gets that call, especially dad…

I got home and threw my bag in the corner of the living room. I went to the kitchen looking for something to eat but only found cereal and a few cans. I gave up my search there and moved to the fridge. I found more of the stew mom made this morning, I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet getting enough and threw it in the microwave. My phone vibrated in my pocket so I pulled it out to see who texted me.

Autumn: the one time I don't show for prison you get into a fight. Has last night's incident not taught you anything?

It was from Autumn I guess she got over her hangover I chuckled rolling my eyes.

You: it was not a fight he punched me I just returned it but harder

Autumn: I know I'm not the brightest out of the bunch Rav but that sounds like a fight to me

I rolled my eyes at her comment

You: whatever you say it is

Autumn: how long are you out for anyway

You: well I got suspended for a week after that it's the same amount for detention

Autumn: oh lord coach going to kill you

You: that's if your Alpha and Luna don't get to me first aka my parents

Autumn: I'll be at your wake

You: a way to be comforting -_-

The microwave stopped and I got my bowl and went upstairs to my room. I sat in my desk chair and ate in silence. The stew was still hitting. My birth-giver is my top chef. In my head I don't care what you give me to eat, my mom's is better. I wanted to get more but I had to put into consideration that her or dad would come home for lunch in a while. After I finished I laid on my bed and began staring at the ceiling to get myself to doze off, that became short lived as a loud thud caught my attention and had me to my feet. I sensed a presence that I hoped wouldn't come home this soon. "RAVEN OCTAVIA LUNAR BLACK, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW" he snarled from down stairs.

***