Aftermath

Grace

After everything that happened that night. I've been buried in my school assignments. Raven and I have seen each other from time to time but not as much as we wanted to. Then her mother decided they all needed a vacation away from home for a while. I don't blame them, Raven told me it would be some time, I accepted it because I had the end of terms to focus on. However, I couldn't help but think of how she was doing for that whole month.

I sighed leaving the school grounds making my way to the bus stop. It was the last day of school and I was happy to finally breathe for once. While other students were standing around me waiting as well other vehicles were passing. 'Why are you at the bus stop?' My link opened and I heard her voice for the first time in a while. 'I just don't feel like walking, wait how do you know that I'm even catching the bus?' I looked around seeing she was close by.

'Because, I'm waiting on the other side for you.' I got up and looked across the street to see her standing beside her bike. She unfolded her arms and waved at me with a smile. When did she even return? I don't care, I looked both ways before crossing and ran into her arms. I hugged her tightly, I missed her so much. "You ass. Why didn't you say anything." I pulled away and shoved her. She smiled again and shrugged, "maybe I wanted to surprise you." Her hands warped around my waist bringing us closer, pecking my nose and forehead.

She then let go reaching behind her and pulling up her helmet. She pulled over my head making sure it was tight. "We are going on this ride I promised" she smiled. "What about you?" she slipped on while starting it again. "I'll be fine. We aren't going too far." I got on and hugged her waist tightly as she instructed me to do.

Raven

Mom and I came back yesterday night. After everything that happened she needed a break from it all, she's getting better, but she's still heart broken. I moved all of my things into the house dad built for me and Grace. I wanted to stay close, to be there for her. I also have a surprise for my partner. But before that I want to catch up on what she's been doing. I stopped in front of a cafe. She let go and I took the helmet off, I missed her dearly. To see her face again after a month of being apart. I held her head between my hands as I took in features more. Her soft ones covered mine as her lips curved into a smile. "If you wanna kiss just say so." A chuckle left my lips amused at her comment. If only you knew how bad I wanted to. We went inside and took a seat browsing what to get on the overhead screen ahead.

"What do you want?" I got up ready to get something. She continued staring at the screen for a while then told me what she wanted. I came back a few minutes later with our stuff and sat back down. "One, Chocolate moose with lemonade for my lady and a red velvet cake with peppermint tea for me." She giggled and kissed my cheek "thank you." We sat and talked for a while, she told me of how her schooling has been and complained about her exams she had taken. I listened attentively to her voice. I got lost so easily, I just can't wait until I get her home. Her face grew redder the more she talked. I grabbed my cup of tea and took a sip. "Hey Grace." She looked up waiting for what I had to say. "Wanna go home?" She tilted her head. "Finish your drink, we'll take the rest for later." I smiled while drinking the rest of mine. She did so and we took our leftovers with us.

I told her to close her eyes on the way there. Only to use her sense of smell and hearing to figure out where we're going. She was laughing the whole way back trying to figure out what I was planning. "What do you hear around you now?" I stopped the bike, shutting the engine off. "Um,well I hear crickets, cars and barking." she answered. "And what do you smell?"

"A Lot of things babe."

"What's the scent that stands out the most? Other than me." I began taking the helmet off and hooked over the handle bar. She then opened her eyes and smirked. “Arousal.” rolled off her tongue. I couldn't deny that. It's been a month without her touch. But that's not what I wanted her to smell not as yet. I poked her forehead with a small smile. "While that is correct, that's not what I mean." I took her hand leading her inside. "Wait, is this the new house you showed me?" she looked around.