Not Alone

Autumn

After the death of Raven's father everyone has been in shambles. Luna, her mother, was worse out of the three. A crying mess, Emma also a crying mess but had Jordon to comfort her. However Raven, she shut down completely. It's been three weeks since then, and it really impacted the pack. Raven and her family were disconnected from the rest. Raven mostly. She hasn't shown up to school or practice sense then and I know she isn't coming back anytime soon. At least to my knowledge. Grace and I were going to check on them. His burial was a few days ago so we wanted to give them some time to grieve.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. Ms. Black did and she looked like she had just finished crying when she saw us a small smile crept on her face and stepped aside letting us in. "Sorry to bother you Ms. Black. I hope this isn't a bother for you." Grace spoke and she nodded pointing upstairs. "Raven, she's in her room." Her voice hushed while she walked away. We nodded and went upstairs to her room, her link was blocked so the last time we spoke to her was during his wake. Grace knocked on her door but no one answered.

I checked to see if it was locked and it wasn't so I pushed it open. She was laying there on her bed staring at the ceiling. She didn't even pay us a glance. " Raven..." Grace approached her. She turned her head to look at us. Her eyes were bloodshot with a plain expression. "What" she muttered as Grace sat next to her. "Hey..bestie just came over to check on you" I said standing where I am now. "Well I'm fine, you guys can leave now" she grumbled. Grace traced her hand over her forehead with a look of worry in her eyes, I've never seen them away from each other for this long. Raven didn't even acknowledge her touch. We tried to start a conversation with her like old times, but it was either met with a dry reply or no reply at all.

"Can you guys give me some space please" she hissed annoyed. Grace and I took the hint and her alone. "Alright, we'll leave you alone" I replied as we left. I can't imagine what she's feeling right now as we pass her mom in the kitchen. "What happened, something came up," she uttered. " Oh no...we just decided to give her more space" I replied. She gave us a knowing sad smile and nodded before going back to whatever she was doing. I took Grace back home and went back to give Ms.Black some company.

Grace

Autumn dropped me home, I went inside and ran to my room cause I wanted to ball my eyes out. She looked disconnected from what's going around her. Emotionally withdrawn and a cold exterior. The only thing I could do now is just give her space and hope she talks to me soon. I sat on my bed holding my phone anticipating if I should text her or wait. Text her obviously. Ashen shouted in my head, instead I ignored it. She requested space, so I'm going to give it to her. Even though it hurts, I swallowed a lump in my throat and I felt the tears start to swell.

Night fell and I roamed downstairs for dinner. Mom had cooked something for me before she was to leave for the night shift with dad. "How's Raven and her family holding up?" Her voice held sympathy, I sighed they were still pushing through. She nodded with a sad smile, kissing my forehead before leaving out the door. I took up my plate and brought it up to my room to eat while watching something on my phone. I heard taps on my window and I peeked through the curtains to see. Those cold hazel eyes that were without a spark stared back at me but this time with sorrow. "Raven. What are you doing here so late." I was generally happy to see her but it was late. Like after 11 p.m. late. She shrugged with her hands in her pockets, I let inside and peeked out to see if anyone saw.

"Babe what-" she shushed me. Grabbing me she pulled me into her lap hugging me. "Raven..." I smiled and hugged her back. "Why did you leave?" she muttered in my neck. "Cause you told us to..." I answered confused. " Yes...but...I didn't mean you." she replied, tightening the hug. I chuckled and tilted her head up to look her in the eyes.

"I'm sorry darling I thought you wanted more space" I said pecking her lips. I felt a small smile creep on her face but it quickly dropped. I pulled away to see what was wrong. "You can tell me if something is bothering you" I whispered, cresting her cheek. She was mindful about telling me for a moment but sighed. " I'm not coming back to school" she muttered, catching me by surprise. "My mom spoke with the principal. She said I didn't have to come back anyway since my grades were alright. I can still walk but I don't know if I want to.." she continued.

"What about the match are you-", " no coach took me off after what happened I'm not going to play. I'll show up to support my team though. Not for the full three days but yeah." she muttered, laying head on my chest. I listened to what was going on in life since that night. She had to take over now but her mother wouldn't let her until she got her diploma. I listened to it all while planting soft kisses on her forehead. When she was done she could barely keep her eyes open, with the last bit of energy she pulled us further into the bed without breaking my embrace laying down. I smiled as low purrs escaped her mouth as she drifted off to sleep. My fingers tangled with her hair as I moved it out of her face and scratched it which made her smile. "Such a puppy." I giggled, placing a kiss on her nose.

***
🤍