chapter twelve

"You can sit down, i will just go change real quick." I said as i pointed to the couch.
"Sure" he said and fell on the couch.

I ran up the stairs, and enterd my room. It smelled different. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Jack. It smelled like jack. He was in here for about 2minutes and it already smelled like him.

I took off my wet clothes and threw jacks crewneck in the dryer. I put on an oversizes sweater. It looked like the one rory was wearing in the 1st episode. Thats why i bought it. And a pear of black leggings.

I brushed my hair and put in a bun. I walked down the stairs.
"You want food?" I ask alex as i enter the kitchen. "Or like a snack, or a drink?"
"Do you have soda?" He asks turning to see me.
"Yea. Cola, sprite, pepsi, dr.pepper?" I ask bending down to look in the soda fridge.
"Pepsi, thanks" he says.

I took two glasses and put a lot of ice in them. I poar the soda and walked over to the couch.

I gave him the glass and sat down next to him.
"So, would you like to watch brooklyn nine nine?" I ask him.
"I would love to. The tv show is amazing. I love it. I named my dog Boyle." Alex says as i lean forward to get the remote, that is on the coffee table.
"Thats so cool. What breed?"
"Pitbull"
"He must be really cute"
"He is. Do you just life by yourself?"
"Most of the time yea. My perents are home for like 7 days a month. They get home next week." I say and turn on the tv.

"You are telling me you have this whole house to yourself almost all the time?" He asks with an amazed exprection on his face.
"I do"
"How is your house not the party hot spot? You dont like to party?"
"Ohh, trust me, i like to party. But durring school thats not really a good idea. And a lot of people are dicks at our school. But in summer, this house is filled with people. But only the good ones. I rearly invite anyone new."

"Damn, sounds fun. I have heard about your partys. Do you know that people think that your partys are like a sign that they are gonna be popular?" He asks looking at me and forgeting that we even were watching the show.

"What? No. Why do they think that?"
"Because your popular. They think if they get invited to your party, then they are cool"
"Who said i was popular?"
"Madie, you are."
"Really? I dont even do anything, how can i be popular?"
"First of all, your hot. Second you have a sick house, and rich parants. And you have the best car. You are just influential, i gusss." He says as he looks back at the tv.

"Damn, okay. Thanks for telling me. Noone ever did." I gave him a faint smile.

I was starting to get cold, i felt goose bumps all over my body. I tried to find a blancket but it was nowhere to be found

"You okay?" Alex asks and breaking his gaze off the tv.
"Just cold"

He opend one of his arms for me to cuddle up agenst him.
"If you want?" He says.
"I would like that very much" i say. (A/n. Bestie, that was for you. I would say if you know you know. But only she knows.)

I snuggled up by his side and felt better already.

After 4 episodes of brooklyn nine nine alex had to leave for practice.
"It was nice to meet you madie. I hope we can hand out again soon" he said as he walked out the door.

When he left i felt like i was gonna die. I was so cold and nothing helped. Then i got a text from someone. Jack.

Jack-hey, i am skipping practice today, come over.
Me-why are you skipping practise?
Jack- so i could hang out with you.
Me- if jim gets mad and you blame me then i am never talking to you again. But i'll "come over".
Jack- ill blame luke, dont worry.
Me- jack, dont do that.

I walked in the hughes residance and said hi to ellen who was in the kitchen sitting at the table on her phone.
I walked straight to jacks room.

I tried to hit down jacks door. But i could barely stand, so just opening the door with as much strength i had left in me.

"Sup" he says. He is on the floor on his back. He looked at me and sprung up.
"Omg, are you okey. You look dead." He said and ran to me.
"Im fine. Just a bit cold." I said and jack huged me.
"Mells your are burning hot."
"Thanks, i would say i look okay bc my hair is not done. But thank you" i said like i was high.
"Not like that, stupid. You have a fucking fever. Lay down please." He said and led me to his bed.

He pulled the covers off and i laid down under them. He took of my slipers and left the room.
"Dont move" he said.

I rested my eyes for a second until i heard ellen and jack walk in.
Ellen put her hand on my fourhead.
"Melly, you have a fever." She said and sat down next to me.
"What should we do?" Jack asks his mother.
"You will be staying with us until you get better, i stay at home all day anyway. And your parents wont be home for a while."
"Are you sure? You already have to take care of this baby and luke" i say as i point to jack who is the 'baby'.

Ellen laughed at my comment. "Trust me. If i dont take care of you who will? I will go down make you some tea. And i'll call the school, tell them you wont attend for atleast a week."
"A week? I'll be better in two days"
"One week. I'll be up in a bit"

She left the room and jack layed down beside me.
"Why didnt you want to go get ice cream?" He asked me and put his arm around my shoulders and tucked me closer to him.
"Because i thought you would like to spend your time with the hot blonde"
"Melly, why would you think that"
"Because you guys were flirting back and forth."
"She was not" he said
"Ooo, she did. She got it bad."
"And you and alex? Whats heppening there?" He asked and i felt he looked down at me.
"We hung out, watched some tv shows, talked. It was fun"
"You hung out?"
"Yea, i invited him in after he drove me home."
"Ohh, okay. What do you think?"
"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.
"What do you think about him?"
"Im gonna be honest. Hes hot, funny too. I dont know yet, i dont really know him that well."
"Hes a great guy" that was the only thing he said.

Ellen walked in the room with a huge mug of tea.
"So, drink this. When you need anything and i mean anything, text me or call me. And jack, if you get sick, and miss even more practice, not my fault." She said and gave me a small kiss on my fourhead. And then just left.