Chapter 24

A/N - clearly I'm going insane but I can't help myself

~~~

"We gotta stop doing this darlin'", I climbed into the passenger seat of Ezra's car and shut the door, upon looking at his outfit I realised we were matching. Again.

I was in a fitted red dress that stopped a little below my knees and red trainers, Ezra was in a red basketball jersey with black cargos- god.

"You look handsome though", I complimented him, he tried to hide the grin on his face as we drove down the street; tried and failed.

"And you look amazing", my cheeks heated up and I gazed out of my window, "I wanna take you out again".

"Yeah?", I turned back to him and he hummed, "where were you thinking?". He scratched the back of his neck and eyed me briefly.

"Surprise", was all he said and I chuckled, "let me know when you're free".

"Will do", I agreed, "everyone okay at home?".

"Oh shit that reminds me", his eyes widened, "please ignore Eli today, we don't know what's got into him".

"Worse than when I first met him?", I asked and he snorted.

"That was nothin' compared to this", he scratched his head, "we don't really know what's up with him, he has problems with keeping everything in check y'know?".

"Yeah", I nodded, "let's hope I don't get on his bad side again".

~

That was easier said than done.

I'd walked through the door, greeted everyone including Eli, only to receive the silent treatment and a middle finger in return. Well, I tried.

Dinner was even worse though, he made Aleja cry and threw some of his food at Maceo which resulted in him picking a fight with the boy - now Ezra was annoyed and rushed me out of the house as quickly as he could before anything else went wrong.

"I'm sorry darlin'", we were still parked outside mine, neither of us showing any signs of wanting to leave the other yet, "that coulda gone better huh?".

"It's fine Ezra, I had a good time", I smiled, "y'know, despite all that".

"Yeah", he flashed a grin, turning to me for the first time since he'd pulled up here; he just stared for a moment before reaching out and letting his fingers trace my jawline. I shivered, leaning into his touch as if it was natural; I dared any of my brothers to look out of a window right now.

"I wanna kiss you again", he announced, eyes still fixed on mine.

"And what's stopping you?", I cocked my head, earning myself a breathy chuckle as he closed the gap between us and pressed his lips against mine; this kiss was even better than the first. Sparks travelled through my entire body as my fingers found their way into his hair, I tugged on it slightly and he let out a soft groan- jesus christ.

I refrained from gasping when his tongue slipped into my mouth, searching every inch of it while his hand held my chin with some force; kissing Ezra was officially my new favourite thing and I- fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Shit!", I jumped back, holding a hand to my chest as I made eye contact with the tall figure dressed in head to toe in black outside the car, "fuck, fuck, fuck".

"You're dead darlin'", Ezra had the audacity to look amused, he licked his lips and wound down his window, giving a small salute to the figure, "Xander".

My brother, on the other hand, did not look amused. At all. I'd never been on the receiving end of one of Xander's blank stares until now and it wasn't fun, I didn't even know how to get outta this one.