Chapter 35 pt.2

A/N - I'm here, I'm here

TW - This chapter contains scenes depicting attempted suicide and scenes some may find upsetting - THIS CHAPTER IS COMPLETELY SKIPPABLE IF YOU WISH <3

I'd say enjoy but yeah....

~~~

Isabella

12 days later

"You have an addiction", I frowned at my brother, knowing damn well he wasn't talking; Chase looked identical to me right now. Coffee in his right hand, book in the other - he was one to talk.

"So do you", I placed my book back on the shelf and glanced around, "we've been in here for like an hour".

"Your point is?", he pushed his glasses back up his nose with his coffee cup and sniffed, "plenty of time to keep looking". He kept the book he was holding in his hand and cocked his head, leading me to yet another section; I admired his inability to get bored.

Not that book shops were boring.

"We're so indecisive Chase", I groaned, "I've picked up like thirty books and put them all back".

"And you know I'd buy you every single one, like I keep telling you", he rolled his eyes, "money is no problem Izzy". I knew that, but no way in hell was I putting a dent in his bank account and walking out of this place with thirty books in my possession.

"I know", I muttered, "can we get food soon? I didn't eat breakfast". You would've thought someone had died at the rate his face dropped, overreacting for what?

"Why would you do that? It's the most important meal of the day", his facial expression displayed one of shock and I laughed.

"Calm down, I'm not about to faint from hunger Chase", I assured him, "but my stomach will start to sound like an engine in a minute". That made him chuckle; he peered around the shop and adjusted his glasses once more, this time with the book he was holding instead.

"I'll buy this and we'll go, you sure you don't wanna keep looking?", he clarified and I shook my head.

"I've got millions I need to read at home anyway", I took his coffee from his hand as he pulled out his wallet and approached the till. Once he'd paid we headed towards the food court- it was loud today and all I could think about was what Zane had told me just over a week ago.

He's the reason why Chase wears hearing aids.

I watched my brother for any signs of discomfort as we navigated through all the people, ending up at McDonald's as per usual.

Now I felt guilty as hell, I could've just waited until we got home to eat instead of dragging him up here.

"Stop looking at me like that", he grumbled, snapping me out of my thoughts, "my head's not gonna explode Izzy, I'm fine". Damn it.

"Just checking", I hummed, attracting my attention to the menu and narrowing my eyes at it.

"He told you", he stated and I bit my tongue, facing him once again, "I didn't want him to do that".

"How come?", I asked and he scratched his head, peering around before his gaze landed back on me.

"I made peace with what happened years ago, nothing I can do to change it", he shrugged, "I want it put behind me".

"Then we'll never speak of it again", I shrugged back, "can I have a cheeseburger?".

"You're something else", he chuckled, "something else Izzy". I'll gladly take that title.