Chapter 36

A/N - we're almost at 9k tf

TW - contains scenes some may find upsetting...

~~~

Scott

Nobody knows how much I cried that day.

After I excused myself from the hospital room to go and get some stuff for Xav, I cried like I'd never fucking cried before.

I had to pull over on the street because I couldn't see and I felt like I was gonna pass out...what had he done? It had been two weeks since everything had happened, now the 16th of May- they're meant to turn 18 in just over a week. I didn't know where we'd be tomorrow, let alone in a week's time.

Xav had been up and down in those two weeks, they'd brought him out of his coma the next day but he didn't respond well- a fucking seizure, I was still counting my blessings because Caleb had taken Isabella home ten minutes before it happened.

After his seizure, which was probably the worst thing I'd ever witnessed in my life, he'd fallen into a fucking coma- not medically induced this time, and I'd never seen Xander in such a state in my life.

He was nothing without Xav, and it was showing.

He, along with Zane, Chase and I hadn't left Xav's bedside for two weeks; taking it in turns to sleep and stay awake to keep an eye on him although nothing was changing.

Caleb had come by four times in total, I knew this was too much for him and I couldn't blame him at all; he was reliving everything he'd just started to get over, so he was occupying himself by keeping Isabella occupied.

Isabella.

The girl was probably stronger than all of us combined, she'd speak to Xav daily: telling him anything from the fact he owed her a million rewatches of Tangled to how much she loved him and needed him to pull through. We all needed him to pull through.

He was a fighter though, it was the Delgado blood running through his veins; he was breathing on his own and beginning to respond more and more to commands- I'd never seen Xander smile wider than when his twin squeezed his hand two days ago. It was just a waiting game on when he'd wake up.

"And then he tripped, fucking crushed your legs, which I'm assuming you felt", Xander hadn't stopped talking to his twin all day, and while I was finding it heartwarming - I was terrified for the guy, "don't know how you play hockey with the guy, he's clumsy as fuck".

"Xander, why don't you go freshen up or something? We'll keep talking to him yeah?", Chase offered, only to receive a shake of the head in return.

"Get me some deodorant or something, I'm not moving", his eyes stayed fixed on Xav as he squeezed his hand tighter, "I'm not leaving him". I made eye contact with Chase and his lips narrowed into a straight line.

"You haven't moved from that chair in two weeks-", I tried to reason with the boy, but we all knew reasoning with Xander was near to impossible.

"And he hasn't moved from that bed in two weeks Scott", he snapped, "as long as he's there, I'm staying here". And that was that.

Isabella

I'd sat and spoken to Xav for a whopping two hours today, he'd been a little more responsive today and I knew he was gonna wake up soon - I could feel it.

Caleb drove the pair of us home and Ezra came over; my brother went to go and pay a visit to Theo. That's how I knew he wasn't in the right frame of mind - he left me alone in our house with Ezra willingly.