The Bad Beginning

BRING! BRING! BRING! BRI-

"Shut up!" I yelled as I threw my alarm clock across the room.

BRING! BRING! BRING!

I groaned as I got up and shut the alarm clock. Today is my first day going to Blaisdale High School, the high school of the town my family and I moved to a week ago. It's a good thing I only have to get through one more year before getting out of that hellhole.

I hastily put on an oversized sweater and jeans, not bothering to use makeup. I put my hair into a messy bun and stared at myself in the mirror. With my irregular body, my blue orbs that only shows sadness and my long, dead brown hair that looks like a rat's nest, I looked absolutely ugly.

I sighed, and went downstairs to eat breakfast. My mom is sprawled on the couch, as usual, miraculously still holding an almost empty bottle of champagne. She has been an alcoholic ever since my dad died in a tragic car accident four years ago.

"Good morning, Brynn." My brother said, handing me a plate of pancakes. I took them gratefully, and began to eat.

"Thanks, Garrett." I said with my mouth full. After my dad died and my mom got fired due to being an alcoholic, my brother became the one to take care of the family. If it wasn't for him, we probably would have been homeless by now. Sometimes, I feel like he's the only one that gets me. I finished my breakfast quickly, and we headed out to the car.

~~~~

"Have a great day at school!" Garrett yelled. Everyone around us shot me dirty looks.

I looked at him embarassedly. "Die. I hope you have a horrible day at work."

He stuck his tongue out at me and drove off. I sighed. This is it. Blaisdale High School. I took a deep breath, and went in. Students were everywhere, it was hard to walk. With great struggle, I went inside the office to get my stuff. The nice lady at the counter smiled, and handed me a schedule and my locker number. I looked at it. I had science, then history, English, lunch, health, social studies, and math.

I walk out, still looking at my schedule. Suddenly... Oof! I accidentally ran into a wall. Oh wait, that's not a wall. That's an incredibly handsome guy. I hated him immediately.

"Oi! Watch where you're going!" He shouted in a British accent.

In a moment of confidence, I said, "You watch where you're going!"

He smirked. "You feisty. Me likey. You have no idea who you just messed with, babygirl." With that, he walked away.

What was that? I asked myself as I entered the classroom and took a seat in the back of the class. The black girl in front of me turned around.

"Hi! I'm Malcolm Xenophobia Black, but everyone calls me Malcolm X. What's your name?"

"I'm Brynn Winters."

We talked a while, and we realized we have most of our classes together. I smiled, as I have made a new best friend.

"Anyway, do you want to come to the party this Friday?" she asked.

"No, I don't party." I said.

After a few minutes of her begging me to come to the party, I reluctantly agreed. Just then, a handsome guy, the same guy that I bumped into, walked into the room. He looked hot and mysterious. His orbs were pure green, and his abs were rock hard. Every girl swooned, and even the teacher, Mrs. Miller, blushed.

"You're late." Mrs. Miller said.

"Who is that?" I whispered to Malcolm X.

"You don't know who he is? That's Ryder Daniels. He's slept with half the school, and skips school half of the time. You should stay away from him. Also, did I tell you that I have the hots for his best friend Chris-"