War?!

A/N: You should definitely listen to this song on repeat while reading this chapter. This fits the vibe of this chapter so much!!! (Not really) If not, I will block you.

"I don't get it." I said. "If you hate your girlfriend so much, then why do you keep dating her?"

My brother ruffled my hair. "You'll get it when you grow up."

"I am grown up, bro. I'm fourteen now."

He pat my head condescendingly. "Sure, sis. Sure you're grown up."

He's been acting weird for the last few months. Maybe it's because he turned twenty-four and still lives with his parents. I dug my nails into his arm and pulled it back and forth. "Just tell me. It's not that hard."

"Stop it. You're going to break my arm." He said, trying to get my hand off his arm.

"No I won't." I said. I use my other hand to pull his hair.

"I'm serious. Stop." He said. He punched me on the shoulder.

"Ow!" I shouted. "Daddy, Garrett punched me!"

The car suddenly stopped, causing both of us to jerk forward. Oh yeah, we're in a car. "Garrett, stop fighting with your sister." Dad said.

"What?! She started it!" Garrett shouted.

"Enough. Both of you." Mom said sternly. She scared me more than Dad. Both of us immediately stopped fighting. "Brynn, stop bothering your brother. When we get home, you're grounded."

My brother stuck out his tongue at me. I look out the window, somehow knowing that I won't be grounded.

"Dear, don't be so hard on them." Dad said.

"I'm not, Richard." Mom squinted ahead. "Slow down. The road looks slippery."

"Do you not trust me?" Dad teased.

"I'd be lying if I said I did." Mom said, laughing.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine." Dad said. We drove in silence for a moment. "Brynn, kiddo, you gotta stop holding a grudge-"

Suddenly, the car started to slide. It slid left and right and left and right. I gripped onto the headset of the front seat. My other hand gripped my brother's. My grip was so tight, my knuckles were slowly turning white. I closed my eyes and prayed to God that I will survive this.

Bam! Suddenly, the car hit a tree and got tilted sideways. I watched as the car slowly fell. A large stick standing erect on the side of the road broke the driver's seat window. I watched in horror as it impaled my dad's head.

But when I looked up, I could see something else. I was back in the forest again with Ryder.

"I don't love you anymore." He said, walking away.

"Ryder!" I shouted. But he only glared at me. His lime green orbs were so cold. I tried to ask him to stay, but I couldn't move my mouth. I watched as he continue walking forward. As he kept walking, he fell down suddenly and unexpectedly.

"No!" I shouted, suddenly waking up. It was a dream this whole time?! I could feel someone beside me, smoothing my hair. I leaned into his touch.

"It's okay, it's okay." Ryder whispered. I wrapped my arms around his, sobbing in his shoulder.

"I was so scared you're going to leave me." I whispered. "I thought that... that you were going to die. I... was... so... worried."

He gently kissed my hair and whispered, "I'll never leave you, Brynn."