9 - Getting Closer

- Jungwon PoV -

I lay in bed unable to sleep. Weirdly enough it's not because the Crown Princess almost shot me in the head, but because looking into her eyes seemed so... familiar.

I can't put my finger on it. No matter how hard I think...but what is the answer I'm trying to find to the question anyways? There's no foundation to it. Only the fact that looking into her eyes.. felt... oddly comfortable...

I've only known the princess for a short amount of time... and it's not like I like her anything-

Wait.

Why am I even thinking about her in the first place?

I must be losing my mind in this palace.

I need to get out.

"Lord Jungwon, Lord Jongseong would like to enter your chambers," my court maid announces.

Prince Jongseong?

I sit up as Prince Jongseong walks through my bedroom doors holding a blanket and a pillow.

What the...

Without even explaining himself, he plops down next to me and gets comfortable as if this is his own bedroom.

"What... what are you doing?" I question puzzled at his nonchalant demeanor.

"Sleepover," he answers with a chill attitude.

"Why?" I continue to question.

Oh no, am I turning into the princess?

"I figured you wouldn't want to sleep alone considering you almost died today," he answers. "Seeing that you're still awake proves that."

I sigh, "I'll be fine..."

"No, it's okay to not be okay," he places his hand on my shoulder.

I look at his hand and back at him before slowly removing it from my shoulder.

"I appreciate your... um.. thoughtfulness your highness, but why?" I continue to remain confused.

We only met once prior and during that time we hung out, all he did was basically talk.

It was like he was withholding everything in... as if he was waiting for someone to even ask him a simple question like, "how was your day?"

He shrugs, "You seem like someone worth protecting. Like a little brother."

With that being said, he gets comfortable in my bed and almost instantly knocks out.

I softly smile at his peacefulness...

If I'm his little brother, then he's my big brother.

*******

- Yeona PoV -

A new day in the palace arises, and talks about the arrow incident has calmed down. 

On this fine Spring day, the suitors and I get to embark on something I've never experienced before... a date.

Part of this process is that I have to go on at least one date with each of the suitors. Fun.

It's a chance for us to really get to know each other which is weird since no one really knows me at all.

These next 3 days are going to be absolute torture. It takes a lot to force a smile.

Today, I'm going on two dates with Lord Sunghoon and Lord Sunoo.

"Your highness," bows Lord Sunghoon.

I tried to dress comfortable and light, because according to the message that Sieun gave me this morning, me and Lord Sunghoon are going to be moving around.