21 - I'm Gonna Love You

- 3rd Person Pov -

"Dad?!" Jaeyun jumps in his seat at the sight of his father.

Minister Sim approaches Jaeyun and Sieun with a smile. He looks at Sieun not instantly realizing who she is. For Sieun's sake, good thing.

"Who is this?" Minister Sim questions from the start. 

"Oh um..." Jaeyun looks at a slightly panicked Sieun.

"I'm a seamstress!" Blurts out Sieun.

"Seamstress?" Jaeyun mouths as if she's crazy.

"Seamstress?" Minister Sim cocks his head confused.

"Y-Yes, that's right! Lord Jaeyun wanted to meet and talk about his robes for the final suitor ceremony," Sieun makes up on the spot. 

"I thought your mother was going to handle all of that?" Minister Sim questions to Jaeyun.

"W-Well... not anymore," he smiles trying to hide all the nerves.

"Hm," Minister Sim lets out not really convinced but he'll buy it for now. "Next time, meet at home. You don't want anybody getting the wrong impression of one of the princess's suitors."

Jaeyun notices Minister Park seated at the corner of the restaurant. He wonders if they were there all along, if so, how much did they see?

"I will father," Jaeyun slightly bows his head.

"I'll leave you two to it," Minister Sim finally says before making his way back to his table.

"Seamstress? What if he goes and asks my mother about it?" Jaeyun whispers lowkey panicking.

"It is your responsibility to rush home after this and tell her," Sieun answers.

"Annnd then not have a robe for the ceremony?" Jaeyun questions.

"I'll make you one, geez," Sieun rolls her eyes.

"Why did you have to lie?" Jaeyun then pouts.

Sieun's eyes basically pop out of her head, "Are you crazy?! Earth to Jaeyun! I'm not the princess. Not even close! What exactly would you think your father would say? He'll kill me!"

"But what about when I formally introduce you to them? Huh?" Jaeyun becomes serious.

So serious that Sieun is taken back. Introduce her? The court maid of the crown princess?

"You must actually be crazy..." She quietly says. 

"Why am I crazy? Because I love you?" 

Sieun's heart skips a beat. She's speechless.. not able to utter a single word out anymore. That word... the L word... when has she ever heard that?

"What?" Jaeyun's confused by her shocked facial expression. He doesn't even realize it himself that he said something so huge. 

Sometimes when it's so right... when it's so true to yourself... it becomes so natural.

"You love me?" 

A silence falls upon them. 

Ring-a-ding-ding Jaeyun... you said the L word.

His lips curl into a soft smile, "Yea... I do..."

Sieun looks away. Deep inside, this is everything to her. This moment. This feeling towards Jaeyun... but her brain comes into play and screams at her that this is all wrong.

Because at the end of the day...

The Crown Princess has 6 suitors.

One of them is Sim Jaeyun.