18 - I'll Be There

- 3rd Person PoV -

Councilor Yang and the Minister of Defense, Minister Sim, sit in one of the many pavilions in the palace as they have themselves some drinks.

Councilor Yang makes it a point to have deep discussions with all the ministers especially the minister of defense. To get on his good side means an easy way to expand the military meaning total power control.

I guess you can also say their gathering is like an early celebration to Councilor Yang. Soon he's expecting his body guard to deliver the delightful news that his son has come to the rescue to the princess, and soon he'll be in the favors of Queen Dowager again.

It feels too easy, but he's sure nothing will go wrong. Little does he know...

"My, even with your son's dismissal, I thought your son was the best candidate for the position," compliments Minister Sim as they clink their glasses together.

"Queen Dowager will soon realize that and have him back again," Councilor Yang says before taking a sip of his drink.

"If either one of our son's become King, they would get the amazing pleasure of knowing all the mysteries of this palace," chuckles Minister Sim.

"Mysteries?" Questions Councilor Yang with an eyebrow raised.

"You know... the death of the King and the reason why the Crown Princess entered the palace so late. None of us know except Queen Dowager and the princess herself," responds Minister Sim.

"Hmm.." Councilor Yang takes another sip. "A mystery, indeed."

"We were all so close to the King. Nearly every day I wonder who poisoned him," Minister Sim curiously says. "I'm for sure he was poisoned."

Councilor Yang clears his throat. "Minister, there are ears every where," mumbles Councilor Yang looking around.

Minister Sim leans in closer on the table, "It's no secret. I say we investigate the rest of the ministers and found out who-"

"Lord Yang!" Shouts the body guard as he runs up to them.

Councilor Yang exhales relieved to see him. He came right on time for him.

He notices the look of worriedness across his bodyguard's face.

"He wasn't there," he informs Councilor Yang. "Lord Jungwon was not at home."

Councilor Yang eyes widen from the news. He looks at the minister, "You'll have to excuse me."

He takes the conversation away from the pavilion so that the minister wouldn't hear.

"What do you mean he wasn't there?!" He shouts at his bodyguard.

"Lady Yang told me he went out and never came back," he explains.

Councilor Yang panics inside.

"The assassin..." He comes to realization as he then bolts towards the princess's chambers.

Without Jungwon going to stop him, who knows how far the assassin could have gone, but when Councilor arrives in front of the princess's doors, he notices everything is calm.

The court maids aligned, bowing in front of her doors, and not a sound coming from the bedroom. It's completely silent.

"You," he says to Sieun out of breath.

"Councilor Yang," she bows.

"Why is it so quiet?" He questions.

What a dumbass, Sieun thinks to herself.