iv

You laid on the ground, looking around for something to slow the blood. "W-Why did you shoot me?!".,  Max looked at you and sighed, shaking his head., "take...take off the mask"., "now, why would I do that?"., "my..team is s-smart, they already..already know uh..w-who you are".

"But you don't and it will stay that way"., "I...I know..who you are"., Max leaned down and gripped your chin, forcing you to look up at him., "is that so?"., you saw what seemed like panic and anger in his eyes., "I-I...heard what...Aaron said, i-it's you Max".

Max yelled in frustration and took of his mask., "whew! It was a bit hot in that mask".,  "w-why are..y-you doing this? J-Just let..me go"., "remember when we used to talk about being together forever"., "n-no. You talked about it...and I always changed the subject"., he patted your cheek., "you know, I am going to marry you one day".

"N-No. I-I have a husband"., Max scoffed., "not for long, princess"., tears streamed down your cheeks as you felt yourself getting weaker., "p-please..please don't hurt Aaron"., Max rolled his eyes and scoffed, getting up., "I'll be back in a moment". As she watched Max walk away, she saw him open a door. From what you saw there was a bunch of medical equipment.

"He's a doctor?"., you breathed out and whimpered in pain as your started to wonder how to get the information to your team. You let out another whimper and your eyes started to close. The last thing you saw was him walking up to you with a big suitcase, a doctors coat on and gloves on.

...

Reid looked up at Hotch's office window and saw him pacing. "Morgan, look"., Reid pointed to Hotch's window and they saw him pacing back forth. "He just had a call with the unsub"., Morgan saw him starting to sob and they both rushed up to his office.

"Hotch, what's wrong?"., "he shot her!..."., Hotch sobbed out., "...He fucking shot her, Morgan! I should of protected her!". "Hotch, it was impossible for you to do so. He injected you with a sleeping drug"., "what if he killed her?".

"Do you know where he shot her?"., "no, I just heard it and she cried out..."., Hotch stopped as his lips quivered., "...s-she cried out for me. I promised I would protect her with everything that I have, everything that I am...a-and I couldn't ".

"Hotch. ..."., Morgan sighed., "...I promise that we'll find her"., "we have to, we don't know how long she has left"., "the statistics show-"., "Reid!..."., Morgan hit his arm., "...Shut it"., "right..uh do you remember what else was said on the call?".

"Uh...he-"., Hotch yawned and rubbed his eyes., "you need to get some sleep, Hotch"., "I can't sleep, not until I have my wife back and this bastard is caught"., "you're eyes are full on closing, man"., "I'm not going to sleep. ..."., he said seriously., "...Y/n needs our help".

JJ ran up to the office and knocked hurriedly on the door., "what's wrong, JJ?"., "line 2, someone has some information on Max Benker"., Hotch jumped up and ran over to his desk, pressing number 2 on the phone. "This is Agent Hotchner, who am I speaking with?"., "hello, this is Dr Walkin from Jenkins Hospital".

"What is this regarding?"., "I recognise that man from the picture on the TV. Could you come to the hospital?"., "I'll be over as soon as possible". Hotch put the phone down and ran his fingers through his hair. "Morgan, Reid. We're going to Jenkins hospital".

They arrived at the hospital and Hotch stopped immediately as he closed the door. "Hotch, what's up?"., Morgan said as he saw him, looking at a random guy. "That's Y/n's friend, Stanley"., Hotch started to walk over and Stanley.