viii

Your eyes opened and you blinked a few times, adjusting to the bright white, moving walls. You moved your head to the side a bit and saw your husband by your side along with a bunch of random people.

"Before the surgery, we need to check if the baby is okay"., "okay, could you be quick about it please?"., "Aaron?"., you murmured softly, your hand reaching out for his., "I'm here, honey"., "am I in a hospital?"., "you are-".

"I'm sorry sir but you can't come back here., "what?"., "Aaron?..."., you started to cry., "...Please let him come with me"., "I'm sorry ma'am but he can't"., "I'll be right out here, honey"., Hotch called out to you. He sighed and his eyes welled up as he watched you being wheeled into a hospital room.

Hotch leaned against the wall, putting his face in his hands and the rest of the team walked up the hallway. "So what's happening?"., Morgan asked and Hotch whipped his head up, clearing his throat, quickly wiping his eyes.

"Uh, they're going to check if the baby's okay before they operate on her leg". Everyone leaned on the wall and sat in silence as they waited for some news about your condition. After a few minutes the door opened and they saw you being rushed to the operating room.

A few doctors were rushing with you but a doctor came over. Hotch read his expressions before any words could be spoken. "Uh, which one of you is Aaron?"., "that would be me, sir. ..."., Hotch gulped., "...Are they okay?".

"I'm very sorry sir, but unfortunately your baby didn't-"., Hotch started to storm off, looking for the closest bathroom. He walked in and went over to the sink, filling it with cold water. He cupped some up and then drenched his face in it.

He gripped the edge of the sink and leaned down, exhaling deeply. He shook his head, starting to sob. "This is all my fault"., he put his hands on his head and started to pace the floor. A few minutes the door opened and Morgan came in along with Reid.

"Hotch, come here. ..."., Morgan walked up to him and gave him a hug., "...I'm real sorry man"., Reid pursed his lips together and walked over, joining in on the hug. "Uh, the doctor said she was going to be in surgery for about three hours, they're going to check out the other wound on her shoulder too".

Hotch looked up at them and cleared his throat., "I just need to be in here for a little bit longer"., Morgan nodded., "I understand. Do you want us to stay with you?"., "I need to be by myself"., "well, we'll be in the waiting room".

Hours went by and everyone was waiting anxiously for any type of good news. While everyone sat on the chairs that were provided, Hotch was up pacing the floor. "We should of heard something by now, it's been four hours!".

"That was just an estimate, Hotch. ..."., Reid stood up., "...I'm sure everything is okay"., the team heard rushing footsteps and they all stood up, hoping that it was a doctor with good news about you. The doctor came in and Hotch rushed up to him.

"Is she okay?"., Hotch said, hopefully., "she's still asleep but she is stable"., "well, can we go in and see her?"., "are you all uh...family?"., "yes, we are"., Garcia chimed in., "so can we go and see her?"., Prentiss asked., "Of course. Just follow me".

They arrived in the room and Hotch immediately rushed over to you. He brushed your hair out of your face and kissed your forehead. He pulled the chair closer to the bed and sat beside you. "Would you like me to get a few more chairs?".

"You's can go home if you's want. ..."., Hotch looked at them., "...You's need to get some rest"., "we can stay here"., Reid said as he walked up to the other side of the bed. "Really guys, she's safe now and I know that you's have barely gotten any sleep".

Morgan walked up to Hotch and put his hand on his shoulder., "if you want us to leave the room Hotch we will, but we're not leaving the hospital"., Hotch nodded and cleared his throat., "I just want to be with her by myself for a little bit". Morgan smiled and patted his shoulder., "we'll be in the waiting room".