Chapter 2

One day, Yve came out to the meadow to meet Lucifer for play, but couldn't find him anywhere. Days, weeks, months passed by and soon years flew by as well. Yve had remained consistently depressed about their separation throughout the time.

Nearly an adult, she thought she caught Lucifer in the corner of her eye and frantically ran towards the figure. She began to sob when she was in front of him and ran forward, pulling him in for a tight embrace, continuing to sob into his shoulder. He had become significantly taller and handsome over this time, but she would only come to appreciate that later. For now, her full attention was on the fact they had finally reunited. Lucifer looked very tired and worn down, weakly returning her affection.

"L-Lucifer..." she sniffled, "You're finally back...I missed you so much!"

She suddenly pulled back and angrily whacked his shoulder.

"Ow!" He winced.

She lectured, "You jerk! Why'd you leave?!"

He grits his teeth, trying to find an explanation for his absence.

Finally, he responded, "I...got in a fight with my family and was punished severely to be trapped in a terrible place a long time ago..when we met, I had just escaped...but at the time of our separation, I was found and sent back...I just escaped again..."

he smiled, "And I knew that I had to immediately come and see you," He reached out and wiped gently at her tears.

She pouted, "Oh..sorry, or whatever.." she averted her eyes, feeling ashamed to guilt him for something completely not his fault.

Especially when he had been suffering all this time. Lucifer reached his hand further and stroked her hair, before pulling her into a hug.

"I missed you too Yve..." He smiled gently.

She blushed and just buried her face into his chest in embarrassment. Her heart pounded and she slowly hugged him back.

The two from then on returned to their normal friendship. Or so you'd think, but over time things became awkward and embarrassing as they developed feelings for each other, unaware that they were returned.

One day, Yve wrote a letter to Lucifer asking to meet at the large, lonely tree in the meadow otherwise filled with grass. He arrived around 30 minutes after receiving the letter and tilted his head at her. He gulped and felt his face flush as he took in her beauty. Leaning against the tree, basking in the sunlight, made her look so good he almost forgot to approach. Slowly, he walked toward her and prompted her to speak.

"What'd you want to talk about here?" He asked timidly.

Her face was bright red and she looked incredibly shy.

She squeaked out, "Uhm...well, I...you see, I kind of um. L-like you..like," her face burned a deeper shade of red as she said the word, "Romantically..."

His jaw dropped. He felt a rush of butterflies in his stomach, flustered and joyful. His heart ached.

"ME TOO!!" He shouted, unaware of how loud he was being.