Chapter 3

Yve looked startled, and then a similar feeling washed over her. She looked like she was about to cry as she went and hugged him for comfort. He hugged her back, stroking her hair as it had become a habit when he wanted to comfort her. She got on her tippy toes and her eyes twitched as she looked like she was inspecting his face.

She meekly asked, almost in a whisper, "C-can I kiss you...?"

Lucifer gulped, blushing deeply, "Y-yes.."

She slowly inched forward, gently connecting their lips. A rush of dopamine, oxytocin, and serotonin washed over them both and they couldn't help but kiss each other deeply.

After that, they silently decided that they were in a romantic relationship with each other now. They would give each other very small shows of affection, in the beginning, still feeling shy about the whole thing. Over time though, they began to become about as affectionate as any other couple, feeling comfortable with each other.

When they were old enough to live on their own in their own house, Lucifer dragged Yve to a comfortable-looking cottage in the meadow where they met. Yve looked at him in confusion.

"I've never seen this cottage before...how did you even afford it?"

Lucifer was staring off, his eyes looking as distant as the expanse into which he was looking. He took a deep breath.

"Yve, there's something I need to tell you." He told her seriously.

She laughed nervously, "Eh? What is it, Luci?"

"I'm the devil."

She looked confused, "What do you mean? You're a good person, what bad have you done...?"

He shook his head, looking hurt, "I'm not using metaphor. I am the devil. From the bible."

She took several minutes to process. It sounded so unbelievable. But she couldn't believe that he would lie or was crazy, so she hesitantly believed him.

"Okay," She grabbed his hands, "I don't care! You're still the man I love! The devil-or you-aren't that bad like they say,"

His mouth went agape in shock. Yve suddenly saw that he was trembling. He buried his head in her chest, looking depressed.

With a broken voice, he told her quietly, "Thank you, Yve.."

She stroked his hair to comfort him like he always did for her.

"Of course, Luci,"

He looked to the cottage, smiling softly, "I manifested this cottage with my angelic powers.."

She looked surprised, and laughed, "Thank you, angel," she cooed.

He blushed, making a 'Hmph' sound but not saying anything.

They moved in quickly since they didn't need to purchase any furniture as a result of his powers just manifesting them. They had a lot of fun together picking out each piece, Yve picking out the majority of it and Lucifer just manifesting it since he had no clue about interior design. He added a few pieces of decoration, but they looked quite out of place. Yve didn't mind, she thought it added personality and made it truly them.

Over time they replaced things and repainted things, but the most significant addition was a nursery room. They decorated it gender neutrally since they didn't know what gender she would conceive. They made sure where the baby would spend its time, the crib, was super comfortable and safe.