¡° [10]

My eyes were dry and weary. I awoke, my body sore and my mind slow and numb. It took me a moment to recall the moments of the previous quintant.

Right... I cried my eyes out for a varga, and then Keith carried me to my room because I couldn't stand on my own.

How mortifying.

I was tempted to stay in my room all day- secluded, depressed, and angry. I knew better than that, though. Being on my own with nothing to do except mope and dwell would not do me any good. I would steer clear of people, specifically the princess. I had to interact with the paladins and Coran at some point, it was detrimental that I thank them and apologize for the outburst. They had far bigger things to handle than my idiotic feelings.

I sighed, taking a moment to sit up and lug my legs over the side of my bed. I rubbed the crust from my tired eyes, the weight of my body making me feel heavy and sluggish.

Standing up, I turned and dragged myself to the shower. A hot, steamy wash would do me some good. I could put on fresh, clean clothes and wash my hair for the first time in 10,000 years.

I did so, and I was right. I was able to relax and massage my muscles, minimizing the pain that overextending myself caused. I washed my face and hair, making me feel clean and energized. It was a much longer, much warmer shower than I was used to. I opted for short, cold showers on most days. It served to wake me up and clean me, but the relaxation was much needed after the previous day. After a period (much longer than I care to admit) of sitting and letting the water hit my face, I exited.

I patted my body dry with a towel and wrung out my hair. After that, I exited my bathroom and was patting and scrunched my hair dry with the towel. I looked into my closet and scowled. Only my padded armour and a few pajama shirts remained. All of my daily wear seemed to have been thrown in the laundry basket, aside from what I had been wearing the last few days. I scrubbed my face in disgust- had I really been wearing those clothes for so long?

I sighed, grumbling to myself. I guess today is laundry day.

I clicked a button on the laundry basket and it booted up, hovering next to me. I threw on a comfortable shirt that was far too big for me and fitted shorts made of stretchy, comfortable material. I continued to pat my hair dry, then threw the towel in the laundry once I finished. It was probably wise to wash my towels after 10,000 years of must had gathered on them.

I yawned as the door opened when I approached it. I finished and widened my eyes.

The paladins had all been leaning against the door, hands cupped around their ears. As soon as the door opened, their eyes slowly trailed up my figure until they landed on my face.

They rushed away, trying to act casual. It was quite entertaining. Keith leaned against the wall, crossing his arms and closing his eyes as he normally did when nothing was going on. Lance leaned against his doorway, just a few doors down from me, pretending to check his teeth in the shiny metal. Shiro stood to the side, suddenly very interested in a cent shaft on the ceiling. Hunk leaned against the wall stiffly, whistling inconspicuously as he looked off to the side. Pidge stood next to him, chuckling.

"Oh, (y/n)... you're awake!" Pidge smiled, "What a coincidence that we all happen to be here at the same time!"

"Yeah, it's crazy!" Lance chimes in, "Totally natural. Nothing's going on. Psh, we were just chillin'!"

Pidge threw something small at him, and Lance whined, rubbing his head where she had hit him. She growled, "You are not helping!"

I giggled, placing my hand over my mouth as I did so. "You are all very funny. I apologize for my attire, but it appears my clothes are long overdue for a washing. Do you have any worn clothing you'd like me to wash?"