,' [1]

The Paladins of Voltron had just finished their abrupt battle with Sendak, a Galran Officer who had attacked the castle they had found Allura, Coran, and their destiny of being the Voltron lion pilots in. They retrieved the red lion from its holding, then fought with it upon realizing it had followed them back to the castle. They were in good spirits, as they had successfully managed to collect all of the lions, fend off the enemy, as well as form Voltron for the first time (with some struggle, but they did it all the same).

Allura had told them they were free to do whatever they wished, and suggested they pick their rooms in the officer's quarters area before nightfall. They walked down the main hallway, smiling as their hearts fluttered with the feeling of victory, their mouths foaming with the taste of success.

"And then Hunk was like pssshhhuu brrrkkkk!" Lance exclaimed, using his hands to mimic the yellow lion (which the aforementioned boy, Hunk, piloted) running into the ion cannon of Sendak's ship. He was the pilot of the blue lion, a brunette flirt with dark blue eyes and taste for poking fun at the red lion's pilot. "And he totally destroyed the ion cannon! So then we went and got the black lion, but Sendak was here so we had to go stop him, and-"

"Lance, we know," Keith grumbled, the black-haired red lion pilot, who was the designated 'emo' of the group. "We were there."

"You were inside the ship, how would you know what happened?" Lance demanded, glaring at the boy, who stared back, unimpressed. "I think that mullet is affecting your brain."

"I do not have a mu-"

"Ladies, ladies," Pidge interjected, the short, tomboy Paladin of the green lion, who wore wire-rimmed glasses over 'his' brown eyes. 'He' gestured at the two boys, smiling. "Calm down. We just won! Don't go ruining the mood with a stupid argument."

"He started it!" Lance huffed, pointing at Keith, who growled.

"You were doing a stupid re-enactment that nobody wanted! And you made fun of my hair!"

"I'm just stating facts! There's nothing wrong with th-"

"Lance, Keith," Shiro, the leader of 'Team Voltron' and Paladin of the black lion. He was the tallest, oldest, and most experienced of the crew, with a tuft of white at the front of his naturally black hair and a scar over the bridge his nose. He grinned down at the two of them, "Lets just enjoy this. This was our first fight and we won- and learned a lot." He looked pointedly at Lance, "So don't insult each other," then shifted his gaze to Keith, "and don't be a downer."

"Wha- mmm," Keith exclaimed, then cut himself off with a low growl. He crossed his arms and looked to the side, while Lance smiled in victory.

"Wait, guys. Didn't Allura say she and Coran were the only ones on this ship before we got here..?" Hunk asked, pointing ahead of them. The Paladins followed his gaze curiously, finding that in the central room, where every hallway connected, that they had just entered, several pods had come up out of the ground. Just like it had when they found the other two Alteans, only this time, they were all empty, save for one.

There was a girl, with (h/c) hair and (s/t) skin, standing in a pod. She had splatters of long dried blood all over her, and the exact same markings on her face as Allura and Coran, only they were red, and had small dots at each point. She was wearing half of a chest piece, shoulder and knee pads, shorts, armored boots, and fingerless gloves. A lone dagger lay by her feet, separated from all the others that littered her body.

"Wow, is she another Altean?" Lance asked, walking toward the girl. He then looked back at the group, "Are they just a race of super hot g-"

"Could you not be a player for ten seconds?" Pidge interrupted, walking forward and pushing him out of the way. Lance stumbled to the side, pouting to himself.