¡°.• [17]

"Pull the battery from the unit by twisting the handle to the right," Coran said, staring at the large screen at the front of the room. He was using Shiro's visor to see what the Paladins were doing and give them instructions on the repairs. Allura was standing on the piloting platform, monitoring systems and looking at the system manual.

I was still running tests. I had already scoured the castle for tracking devices, doing my own check along with running several rounds of internal scans. From what I could tell, there were no devices aboard the ship that could track us. I spent quite a bit of time aboard the lions as well, each of the paladins helping me check for any devices. Strangely, Keith didn't need to be there for me to check Red. All of these tests had negative results, so I was now looking at the more creative ways Zarkon could be tracking us. I had spent the majority of this morning disguising the castle's energy signature, as the Altean energy (exerted by both the castle and Allura) was quite easy to pinpoint if you know what you're looking for.

"Let's hurry up with these repairs. Zarkon could be here at any moment," Shiro said.

"Battery's out. Now what?" Hunk asked.

"Very simple," Coran hummed, "Just loosen the blaxums on the somoflange."

There was a moment of silence. Hunk mumbled, "Could you be more specific..?"

"Sorry," Allura sighed, "He means the poklones on the agroclams."

"Nope, that doesn't help."

"Easy, Hunk," Lance said smoothly, "I got this."

He twisted the knob that was on the opposite side of the one he should have turned, and clicked the only three buttons on the machine that shut down power transfer to the castle. It was clear that he had no idea what he was doing, but somehow, he had managed to do the worst thing he could have possibly done. I groaned, minimizing my screen. I was growing frustrated with my fruitless attempts at finding how Zarkon was tracking us. I should also probably help.

"No, not the smalters!" Allura shouted, "The poklones!"

"No, no! It's the blaxums!" Coran argued.

"What are you talking about?" Keith groaned.

"Press the small blue button on the bottom left corner of the screen attached to the head of the battery, then click the red one next to it twice," I sighed.

After a moment, the alarms stopped blaring. The energy transfer shutdown had been cancelled.

"Phew," Pidge sighed. "Now what?"

I laughed, turning smugly at Allura and Coran. "You forget that earthlings don't have systems as advanced as ours."

"Oh, whatever," Allura grumbled. "You always understood this engineering mumbo-jumbo better than I did..."

I giggled, covering my mouth with my hand before turning back to the monitor.

"Turn the large gray knob directly in front of Keith. It's the one closest to the panel, with four smaller ones next to it," I explained. "Then, click the four large, central buttons on the centre of the panel from top to bottom. After that, just hit the green button on the upper left corner of the panel. It will go back into the unit and start bolstering energy-saving systems while it fixes the particle barrier."

"At least someone on the ship speaks English," Hunk sighed thankfully.

Pidge and Hunk carried out the instructions perfectly while the rest of the paladins just... watched. I'm not sure why we sent all of them out, but whatever.