Chapter 26

Her wings unfolded.

Today was the day Nkosinathi was taking us to meet his mother , I won't lie I'm nervous especially because of all the stories Wawa used to tell me about her.

Mom ; "here , wear this." She says throwing my short long sleeve black dress with little buttons in the middle.

Me : "Thank you mommy."

Mom : "Remember you not going there to impress anyone so don't act like a wide okay?" I nod.

Me : "Yes mama." I settle for white sneakers. Mama had already bathed and dressed Nkazi so we were only wai-  he hoots outside.

Me : "We out!" Mom walks me out and Nathi takes the two bags and loads them in the car then take his daughter from me.

Mom : "Baba kaNkazi , Look after my kids cause if you don't"  she warns pointing her finger at him.

Nathi : "I will , I promise mah." She smiles and nods then kiss my cheek and walks back in. Nathi gets my door then buckles his daughter then he goes to his side and turns to me.

Nathi : "Sawubona sthandwa sami."  I smile.

Me : "Sawubona baby." He kisses me shortly then breaks it and we drive off. I play some music. After almost two and a half hours he drives into this huge gorgeous mansion.

Me : "This house looks so beautiful." He smiles. He gets my door and takes Nkazi out and the bags , I carry Nkazi while he carries the bags and we walk towards the door. The door opens before he could open and it's a young boy , he smiling so hard.

Nathi : "Wussup champ?" They fustbump and bro hug then he turns to me and just hugs me and takes Nkazi from me.

Boy : "I'm Sabelo sisi , how are you?"  I smile.

Me : "I'm good thank you and I'm Hlonela." We walk in the house following Sabelo , we get to the lounge where there is two women , they both stand up when they see us and the other one stops Sabelo and takes Nkazi from him.

Woman : "Hhaibo! Intombzane efana noYise kangaka!" She says kissing Nkazi who is laughing.

Nathi : *clears throat*

Woman2 : "Yini Nkosi?"  She asks coming closer to us.

Nathi : "Y'all ignoring us"

Woman2 : "Hi babygirl , I'm this one's Mamncane." I smile at her

Me : "Sawubona mah , I'm Hlonela."  She smiles

Mamncane : "You beautiful."

Me : "Thank you." We walk further in and settle on the couches. The woman that's playing with Nkazi whom I assume is his mother joins us.

Woman : "I'm sorry , how are you my baby? I'm his mother , MaJiyane" She smiles at me , sitting next to me. I must say she looks like Nkosinathi.

Me : "I'm good thank you mama." She side hugs me and Nkazi just grabs my face.

Me : "Ouch wena!" I move her hand , she just laughs at me.

*
*
*
*

Nathi's mother , MaNtuli is such a nice person , oh well she was nice to me together with her sister. We were now in Nathi's house ,  we were sleeping over. I was in the kitchen cooking while Nathi was playing with his daughter and Sabelo in the lounge , a knock erupted.

Nathi : "Baby! Wawa's here for you." He shouted from wherever then I heard footsteps coming to the kitchen , he appeared with Wawa behind him.

Wawa : "Hi babes." She says smiling. I look at Nathi and he shrugs .

Me : "Hi Wawa." Then I turn back to my pots.

Wawa : "Don't tell me you still mad about that day."

Me : "Excuse me?"

Wawa : "Come on Nela , you cannot be mad at me for being with Sihle while you are with my brother , like it doesn't make sense."

Me : "Are you hearing yourself right now?!" She rolls her eyes.

Wawa : "Of course. Why don't you want to accept that me and Sihle are together , huh? Or maybe you still want him for you , huh? You playing my brother , is that it?" This girl is crazy for real. I look at Nathi and he's staring at Wawa.