Continuation of Chapter 45 || PART TWO

Part two| Continuation of Chapter 45

HER WINGS UNFOLDED

After my dayout with Aphiwe , I drove to Westville ; I know I'll be in trouble if anyone notices that I drove myself around today since I'm not allowed. Luckily I find AuntyMay , the helper busy around the house.

Me : "Sawubona mah." She looks at me blankly

Aunt'May : "Hi sisi. He's not here."

Me : "Do you know where he went?"

Aunt'May : "No. Yesterday he kept telling me about his plan on how he was planning to propose to you , I was here in the evening to see him off before he left together with his parents. He came back early and actually cried before telling us how he got rejected by the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. In the morning we woke up and he was already gone to God knows where! All I want to know is what are you doing here?"

Me : "I just need to speak to him mah and let him understand." 

Aunt'May : "He may have went to his gra...." She gets cut off by her ringing phone. She answers and speaks for a while and hangs up looking spooked.

Me : "Are you okay mah?"

Aunt'May : "uNkosinathi."

Me : "What about uNathi mah?"

Aunt'May : "He was involved in a car accident."

Me : "Oh my god mah! Which hospital , asambe!" Say standing up.

Aunt'May : "You cannot drive Nela , you 8 months pregnant hawu!" She scolds at me.

Me : "But we gotta get to hospital mah!"

Aunt'May : "use those uber things zenu!" I request an uber which gets here in less than ten minutes. We get to Shifa Hospital in no time , just as we walk to the reception area , we spot his parents.

Me : "Sanibonani. How is he?!" His mother hugs me tight and his father just nods at me.

MaJiyane : "We haven't been told anything. It's been 2 hours now!"

"Nkosinathi S Biyela"

We all stand acknowledging the doctor who has a straight face.

Doctor : "Mr Biyela isn't looking good unfortunately. Too much damage was done , he suffered a very hard head blow and his brain cells are currently clogged with blood from all the head internal bleeding. His brain tissues are swollen so we have to wait for swelling to go down before we can perform a head surgery on him however the wait might cause fatal death if he brain."

Mr Biyela Snr : "Is the surgery guaranteed that he'll survive?"

Doctor : "No. I can say his survival rate is +/-10% if we do perform the surgery and the rate isn't estimated if we do not perform the surgery." I sit down defeated , my tears falling effortlessly.

MaJiyane : "So.. what now?!"

Doctor : "Should we go ahead with the surgery or not?"

Me : "Do it."

Mr Biyela Snr : "Don't do it."  We both answer and the doctor looks confused. I try saying something but Mr Biyela Snr beats me into it.

Doctor : "So?"

Mr Biyela Snr : "Don't do the surgery now , wait for the swelling doc. I don't want to lose my son."  The doctor nods and walks away , and Mr Biyela turns to me with the scariest frown

Mr Biyela Snr : "You don't get to make decisions about my son after you rejected the offer of being his wife like that yesterday."  I look away wiping my tears.

MaJiyane : "He better make it Biyela!"