Chapter Twelve

Noah's POV
After dinner I decide to take a walk to clear my mind, James offers to come but I reject it.

It's dark and I have only the street lamps to go off of. I look down at the notification from an unknown number.

She sends a picture of me and James sleeping with my hand in his hair

She sends a picture of me and James sleeping with my hand in his hair. I stare at it for a few minutes before saving it. I hear footsteps but ignore them and continue on my walk.

I scroll through the news headlines and find an interesting one.They fucking released him. I debate about whether I should tell James about.

I really don't want to worry him, I'm caught up in thinking about that when I hear footsteps multiply. I look around for the source and don't see anyone, I quicken my pace and turn back to the house. The footsteps quicken with me, I'm suddenly tackled to the ground

Adam is leaning over me. My eyes widen.

"Hey man," I stall, "Short time no see," Yeah too short of a time.

He doesn't even bother answering me, he waves his comrades over and they start to attack me. They shove me to the ground kicking me in the side, punching me in the face.

"What happened to not being violent," I spit some blood onto the concrete, "You're -"I'm interrupted by a harsh punch to the face, "Ouch, seemed pretty confident,"

"You're dating him," He growls.

I debate whether I should mention that I'm not really but I wish I was, I decide that puts him in danger and leave it out.

"Fuck off douche, he doesn't belong to you," I say with an eye roll.

This pisses him off further, he kicks dangerously at my stomach, I spit again.

A police car passes by and they scram, the driver pulls up beside me.

My vision goes in and out.

"Oh Noah."

Reeds POV
Oh shit, I pick him up and set him in the passenger seat and rush him back to his house.  When we're almost there he starts to wake.

When we pull in he gets out of the car carefully but stumbles anyway, I help him to the door and knock for him a smiling James answers thinking it's just Noah.

His smile instantly dropped when he sees Noah's state. His eyes grow angry.

"What the fuck happened," He says angrily.

"I found him like this while a bunch of people were running the other direction," I say passing him over to James.

James walks inside and sets Noah down lightly beside him.

"Who did this to you No," James said not even bothering to hide the cool rage coursing through his voice.

James wipes some blood off of Noah's face gently with his thumb.