5 | High School Life

Ann's now in another city. After her confession last year, we talked to our parents to let us meet every Saturday, at least once in two weeks.

As good as our parents were, they let us meet up every Saturday and Sunday! The city to which Ann had moved into was at a distance of approximately 3 hours from ours.

So, one week it'd be us who went there and on the week that followed after, they'd be coming over here. This way we never had to lose each other.

"Did you really do this in two days?" She squealed from beside me, looking at a sketch of mine, I rolled my eyes.

It was a simple sketch which had two hands holding on to each other, gently yet affectionately. I had made it on the thought of us.

"I think, I said today?"

"Don't tell me!" I could see her charcoal black eyes widening under the study lamp light, which was placed on my desk near the window.

Her jet black hair framed her fair complexion, she had it tied up in a high pony and left some of the strands loose to caress her face. She was beautiful and the light blue coloured jean coat that she'd put on top of the white crop top only added bonus to it.

"Ann, will you please stop? By the way, it's for you."

"Really!? Thanks a lot Han, it'll always remind me of us." She said, making me smile brightly.

"I saw this picture today and was reminded of you, so I thought of giving it a try and here it is finally as us."

"Han, can I ask you something?" She said as she came and sat beside me on the bed, occupying the central area of my room, all covered in white sheets with strange patterns of black, my two favourite colours.

"Anything dear." I squeezed her hand gently.

"Please don't leave me ever, please."

"What if I ask the same from you?"

That was enough for us to know how deep our friendship has gotten and that we both never wanted to imagine a place without each other. We embraced each other and stayed there for a minute, or two, before letting go.

"So, how's school?" She asked, and I knew she was talking about them.

"Nothing new, I mostly hang around with Fabiana and don't care about the others, if they talk, I do too, if no, then you know, that's too well and good for me." I told her. I also had a guy pestering me at school, but Ann didn't need to know that. She already has more to worry about.

Over the year Fabiana has proven to be different from the others, we talked and laughed so much together, that it made some new students think that we were best friends, but even Fabiana knew that the place was only Ann's.

"Yeah, she's a nice girl, I like her too."

"Do I have to worry?" I faked my worry.

"Now you sound like my boyfriend!"

"As if you have one." We both laughed at that.

She'd told me that she liked a guy from her school and that the boy was hard to get to speak with. According to her, he took his time to approach, or open up to people. I had asked her not to rush things into and she assured me she wouldn't.

I'd be so very much happy for her if she had found the right person, but cannot bear to see her breaking down after all those things that we've been through.

This time I won't be able to console her 'cause love hurts more than anything, even though I've no experience on that sector of life, I just know it'll hurt like hell.