Fragmented scythe

Several minutes of silent walking, Tang Zhan and Wan Fu got to an old looking rundown shop, it's signboard hanging by only a nail.

Entering the shop, they were met by an old man, slouched from old age, his beards and hair completely white and wearing a blue free shirt with cream shorts.

"young lady, how may I help you, has the village chief sent you here, do you want to buy something?" the old man, immediately became energetic after seeing the village chief daughter.

"my friend over here would like to get a weapon" the man finally noticed someone else was in the shop, and looked at the boy whose eyes were closed.

'uhn, a boy is the friend of the young lady' thinking about this the old man stroked his long beards.

Tang Zhan removed a piece of translucent paper and gave it to the man. The man collected and read the paper.

"you need a scythe, but you will be preparing the materials"

"yes!" Tang Zhan was happy with the tone the man used to talk to him, as it indicated he wouldn't disagree.

"don't worry I'll pay for the materials, how would someone with no weapons find materials in the forest" Wan Fu said while bringing out a pouch from her storage ring.

Dipping her hands into the pouch, she asked, "how much for the scythe?".

"normal weapons of the dark silver grade, most times cost between 100 gold coins, but a scythe is rare and complex, so it cost 150 gold coins, and again the letter is from the village chief, it says for free but he would provide the materials, so price for the materials would be 100 gold coins"

The man said why sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

'isn't this man too talkative? Maybe that's why he doesn't have customers.' Tang Zhan questioned the sanity of the man.

"okay, take" Wan Fu handed the blacksmith a 100 gold. After collecting the money he started leading Tang Zhan you the scythe section.

Tang Zhan could see the difference between the quantities, as the scythes only numbered within 20.

"although I'm meant to make you a scythe, but it can take weeks before it gets ready, so i advice you pick from my already made scythes"

The blacksmith sincerely advised Tang Zhan, and he in an appreciating gesture nodded towards the man.

Walking past the scythes one by one, Tang Zhan relied on his Qi sense to check the quality of the scythes, don't judge a book by it's cover. Getting to the end of the shelf, he sensed and ominous aura radiating from something.

Even without using his inverted sight, he could see the shape of the weapon just from the aura surrounding it, and it was a scythe.

"sir, us there anything behind the shelf?"

The man's eyes suspiciously widened, as he didn't expect a blind man at the 1st level body refinery to be able to find something that even the young lady, who's a 5th level nascent expert couldn't.

"y... yes there is, but everyone who buys it returns it and asks for double payment, and this has been happening even before my grandfather was born... I'm not sure you should buy it, it has even been labeled as trash"

The man made sure he explained in great detail before pulling out a rusty looking scythe.

'uhn, there was something there and I didn't even know, how strange' Wan Fu thought to herself.

The scythe was so old that rust was falling from the blade and the wooden handle looked like it could break at anytime.

Wan Fu, looked and wanted to reject the scythe, but Tang Zhan who was oblivious to the scythe appearance, lunged for the scythe.