Elvis, in Remembrance of You

Elvis Presley was the greatest thing that happened to the world of music. Without him, the modern rock 'n' roll would not exist. At least, it would not be the same as if someone else had started it. But it was not just the music that left an impression, and not his success in the film industry, but his selflessness, his kindness, and his determination to make others happy. It was the human side of him. It was the love he had for his friends, his family, most especially his loving daughter who meant the world to him. He will never be forgotten. It is not a false assumption that he will be loved far into the next century.

I reread that paragraph, which was the last sentiment to my biography about that great man Elvis Presley. Yes, what I wrote during those twenty-three years didn't go to waste. I took it all, reread every page, and transcribed it into a thousand-page biography. It sold millions by the time it was on the market, and by the year 2022, it was one of the most-purchased books on the King of Rock 'n' Roll... the man who was the love of my life.

It was no waste, what I went through with him. Yes, my relationship with him became known to the world. Yes, we were never married, and I never married after he passed. Yes, I had that horrible memory of finding him in that bathroom, and the memory of his massive funeral... But I would cherish each moment that we did have. It was the way our lives were meant to mesh together. It was our reality.

My niece called for me. It was my 84th birthday party, and I had to be outside with everyone, including Lisa and her twin girls. I set aside the book as I sat at my computer that had a video dedicated to Elvis on the screen, a video that was posted to the internet in remembrance of the man that changed the world. A tribute, one of many created, with an incredible song to complement it.

Elvis was behind me, but he would always be a part of me. Since he passed, I sometimes saw him in the crowd, or I felt his hand on my shoulder.

He was truly my angel, as he told me I was to him. I would never forget him. No one would. Everyone, fan or not, would remember his name. He made that much of a lasting impression.

Elvis, we love you. We always will.

~ ~ ~

THE END

Thank you all for reading this story that was such a joy to write! It was fun researching more about Elvis and getting to know him better. As a last thought to my story, take a look at this touching tribute video that was mentioned. Elvis, even if we never personally met him, he was a friend to us all, through his music, movies and our memories.

If tears could build a
stairway, and memories
a lane, I'd walk right up
to heaven and bring
you home again.