Chapter 2.

Previously:

"Wait, are you Christian?"

"No, I'm Jason."

☆Jason is now cleansed of the rage from the Lazarus Pit.☆

________________________________________________________________________________

Now that Danny knew the man's name he decided to introduce himself as well. And drop his invisibility.

"Well, hello Jason. My name is Phantom"

Danny is silent for a second then adds, slightly awkwardly.

"Danny."

Jason looks at Danny skeptical and kind of weirded out. Then shrugs.

"Okay, Phantom- Danny. Can I call you 'Danny'? Um...where am I?"

Danny looks around the dark room and shrugs.

Looking back at Jason, he gives a half-hearted 'I dunno'.

"...Okay, well can you take me home?" Jason is looking Danny in the eyes now.

"I don't see why not. Where do you live?"

"Gotham."

"Gotham? Well I guess that explains your doom-and-gloom aesthetic.

Danny sighs. "Okay, we'll, I did what I came here to do so I am ready to leave when you are!"

"I'm ready to go right now since I don't think I actually have anything with me that's mine." Jason says looking around the dark room.

"Alright, well, I'm going to touch you now." Danny says, stepping towards Jason.

"..."

"..."

"..." Jason blinks.

"...Yeah, I heard it." Danny sighed.

Jason didn't move, just grinning at Danny now.

"Come on!" Danny exclaimed, grabbing onto Jason's bicep.

Once Danny made contact, Jason became both invisible and intangible alongside him.

And then they were off.

Literally.

Danny just flew right out of there as if he was never there. Just with Jason this time. He stole Jason. Kidnapped? Danny didn't know. He took a man from where he was but with permission, so maybe he didn't do anything wrong! Yep, nothing wrong.

~ Time Skip brought to you by Tim's search history ~

A few hours of flying later, they finally touched down in Gotham.

Letting go of Jason and dropping the intangibility and invisibility, Danny stands there as Jason takes a deep breath.

"Dark, gloomy, a hint of... Je ne sais quoi. Yep, smells like home."

Danny glances at Jason weirdly.

"Was that French? 'Je ne sais quoi.'"

"Yeah, why?"

"No reason. Just wondering." Danny shrugs.

"Okay." Jason shrugs as well.

Neither of the two say anything, leading into a slightly awkward silence.

A few minutes of just standing there later Jason took a deep breath.

"Okay, well I best be off! Bye!"

And with that Jason was walking away with a hand lazily up by his shoulder as a 'farewell'. Danny, with nothing else to say just shouted back a 'See ya!' and a wave as well.

Watching Jason disappear, Danny took one last look around and flew away.