Chapter 7.

Previously:

Jason was shocked, then confused, then definitely 'for it'. Smirking, Jason said "I don't exactly know what you're up to, but I'm in." Of course, even though Jason wants to trust Danny, and he does, don't get him wrong. But being who he is, how he was raised, and what happened to him throughout his life, you can cut him some slack for being, maybe a bit overly cautious about this whole situation. But hey, Jason lives for the thrill!

And so the two acquaintances became friends.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now that Danny has acquired Jason's help, the only thing they need to do is come up with a plan. Well, maybe a little more. Anyway, with Jason's help, Danny can do what he needs to do a lot easier than without him. For example; when Danny is searching the Batcave, and Batman or one of Jason's brothers (+ Alfred) wants to come into it, Jason can distract them. Yes, Danny can go invisible but he also knows not to underestimate people. A lot of the time he doesn't have the time, nor can he afford that. 'Jason's more useful than just a distraction though so more should be added to the plan.'

"What should be added to the plan?" Jason asked.

Danny blinked, "Did I say that out loud?"

"Only the part about adding more to the plan."

~ Time Skip brought to you by a new friendship ~

Danny and Jason are now sitting in a café, since Jason suggested it. It gives them a place to talk about their plans, and for Danny to fill Jason in more. Jason's brothers still weren't seen.

"So, how will we go about... whatever you want to do? Actually, what do you want to do? And why, exactly?"

Danny expected these questions. Honestly he was surprised Jason accepted to help so quickly.

Skipping the first question for now, Danny says "Truthfully, I don't really want to do this. It's more, 'I need to do this'. You see, Bat-" Danny stopped and looked around. "You-know-who is meddling-"

"Voldemort?" Jason cuts Danny off.

""You read Harry Potter?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I?"

"Okay, anyway." Danny continued. "'Voldemort' is meddling with things he doesn't understand. Even if he might think he does. Because of this, it's messing with things that shouldn't be messed with, and it's my job to fix it." Danny takes a second before answering Jason's other question. "As for how we'll go about the plan, I'm not sure yet. I only have it about half planned out, and knowing my luck, we are going to need about five back-up plans. Just to be safe."

Jason raises an eyebrow, "Five back-up plans?"

Danny just gives him a blank look back.

Exasperated, Danny comments "Well I wanted this to be an in-and-out thing, but after my research it seems more complicated than that!"

"How complicated?" Jason asked, suspicious.

"Well for one, I would really appreciate it if 'Voldemort' didn't find out about my existence."

~ Time Skip ~

Danny and Jason had talked about the plan for a while. They added to, and edited it. But by now they were satisfied with what they have so far. Walking, Jason decided to make conversation.

"So if this mission of yours is going to take a while, where will you be staying?"

Danny hummed. "You know, here and there. It's much too far to keep making the trip to and from Amity."

Jason looks to Danny. "Amity? That's where you live, right? Where is that exactly?"

"Amity Park, Illinois. It's a small town, north of Wisconsin. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it didn't show up on any maps."

Jason looked forward and nodded. "Alright."

He'll file that away for later. See if Danny was right, and if he can actually find Amity Park on any maps.

"You know," Jason started, thinking. "The manor has more than enough guest rooms. Plus, if you start staying there as Fenton then it'll be easier to look around without looking suspicious."

Danny tilted his head, thinking it over as well.

"I suppose that could be quite helpful, plus then I'll have a place to stay..."

Danny looked to Jason now, and asked. "What will you tell your family?"

Jason glanced at Danny and shrugged.

"The truth. My friend is visiting from out of town and needs a place to stay. Besides, they can't really say much if you are already there."

As Jason finished speaking, a building came into view. But not just any building. It was Wayne Manor. Even though Wayne Manor was still quite a distance away, Danny still thought that it was strange that they walked so far without him noticing.

Both boys were looking forward now.

"So are you going to stay? If you are, what will you wear? Do you even have any luggage?" Jason questioned.

Danny nodded. "I have luggage."

Jason raised an eyebrow. "Where?"

"I didn't want to drag it, or worry about it being stolen, so I am using one of my newer powers to store it."

"A new power? How many powers do you have?"

Shrugging, Danny said. "I'm not sure. I don't usually count them. I also predict that I'll keep developing more powers as I am technically a baby ghost."

"... A baby ghost. Aren't you, like, sixteen?"

Danny says things like this so casually, as if they're normal. Though Jason knows that this is normal for Danny, and although Jason has lived and witnessed many crazy things himself, this still confuses him.

It hadn't even occurred to Jason that Danny - a ghost - could be changing his appearance. Further than the colour pallet that is.

"I am sixteen" Danny confirmed.

He was confused for a second as well, forgetting that Jason didn't know how Danny's different ages work. Or even that he has different ages. Coming to this conclusion, and seeing Jason's expression, Danny gave more information on the matter.

"Going off of my birthday, then yes, I am sixteen. But going off of when I died, I am only two years old. So I guess I'm closer to being a toddler than a baby."

Jason didn't really know what to say to that, as Danny outright said that he died. And, personally to him, that's a sore topic. So instead he just responds with:

"That makes sense."

By now the two boys had reached the front of the Manor's property. Here, Danny decided to pull his suitcase back out of the shadows, so as to not look suspicious. To be honest, Jason thought it looked kind of cool, but kept his face neutral.

Once Danny's suitcase was firmly on the ground, and he had it nicely in his hand, Jason unlocked the gates and they walked in.