Chapter 8.

Previously:

Once Danny's suitcase was firmly on the ground, and he had it nicely in his hand, Jason unlocked the gates and they walked in.

________________________________________________________________________________

The walk from the gates to the front door was silent. Once they reached the front door Jason went to open it, but before he could, a man did instead. The man was on the older side. He has a balding head with grey hair, a gray mustache, and he was wearing a black suit.

"Welcome back Master Jason."

The man also has an English accent. This just confirmed Danny's theory that this was the Wayne family butler, Alfred Pennyworth.

"Hello Alfred." Jason responded with a smile.

Alfred looked at Danny.

"Oh!" Jason exclaimed. "This is my friend Danny. He is visiting from out of town." Jason explained, with a hand on Danny's shoulder.

Danny gave a nervous-shy wave, and a small smile. His plan is to be as polite and out of the way as possible. Don't be suspicious. Don't bring attention to yourself.

Alfred raised an eyebrow at Danny's suitcase and bag but welcomed them both in nonetheless.

"Welcome, master Daniel."

Entering Wayne Manor wasn't anything extravagant or overwhelming to Danny, as he's quite used to 'rich people homes' by now, what with Sam Manson being one of his best friends, and Vlad Masters being his godfather/arch-nemesis. Not to mention he's also the king of the Infinite Realms. There's that too. Because of all of these factors, Danny's jaw didn't drop, nor did his eyes bulge out of their sockets like Jason was expecting. Instead of questioning it though, Jason just shook his head with a slight chuckle. After all, he does expect the other boy to keep surprising him.

"May I take your bags, Master Daniel?" Alfred asked, politely.

Danny glanced at Jason. "U-Uh, that's okay. And, um, just 'Danny' is fine." Danny looked at Alfred. After a beat, he tacked on. "Thank you, Mister Pennyworth."

"Very well. Enjoy your visit." Alfred left with a nod of his head.

~ Time Skip brought to you by Danny being awkward ~

Danny and Jason were currently sitting in the personal library, yes the library, at the manor with some books surrounding them. The two boys were having another discussion about Danny's little 'assignment', and adding onto their plan.

'Ugh, I don't think I've ever planned this much in my life.' Danny thought with a groan.

"So our plan for tonight is for you to stay for dinner, and at dinner I'll mention you will be staying here at the manor for a while." Jason revised.

"Right!" Danny agreed. "Then, when you and the rest of your family are out doing your 'extracurriculars', I'll be here checking out the pit." Danny continued the revision, adding air-quotes when he said extracurriculars.

"Actually, I won't be going out tonight. My family still wants me home for a little longer. I think they're afraid that if I go with them I'll just suddenly drop dead." Jason corrected.

"Will you be helping them from here, or are you stuck upstairs?"

"Normally I'd still help, but since you're here that might change."

"Okay, so after dinner we'll see what happens and go from there."

"Sounds like a plan."

"I sure hope so, since it is one."

Danny just got a dead stare from Jason for that one. Suddenly, the two heard a call.

"Jason! Danny! Are you in here?"

"Tim." Jason confirmed.

"Yeah, we're here buddy." Jason called back.

Now it was Danny's turn to make a face at Jason.

Danny raised an eyebrow. "Buddy?"

Jason just shrugged and got up to go find Tim. Danny got up and followed, leaving the books to be cleaned up later.

~ Time Skip brought to you by soft Jason??? ~

It was now about halfway through dinner, and attention was finally brought upon Danny, Something he was dreading.

"So, Danny, Alfred tells me that you are a friend of Jason's."

"Uh, yes sir." Danny replied nervously. He still wasn't one hundred percent sure about the status of their relationship.

"Alfred also tells me that you may be staying here at the manor for a bit as well?" Bruce said it in a way that was somehow both a statement and a question.

"Um." Danny glanced at Jason. "That's the plan."

"I see. Well, you are welcome to stay as long as you would like."

"Thank you sir."

Bruce just nodded silently, and focused back on his dinner.

"So! Danny!" Dick cheerfully exclaimed with a clap of his hands. "Tell us a little bit about yourself!"

"Okay... What do you want to know?"