Chapter 5.

Previously:

Over-all, Tim would say this was a pretty good day. Even if they were searching up a ghost. Scratch that. Especially because they were searching up a ghost.

________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a few weeks since Danny saved Jason from the Lazarus rage and got rid of the Lazarus pit and Danny thought that that would just be the end of it. Unfortunately, his gut had a different idea, leading him to do some extensive research in his castle - Phantom's Keep's library. Danny was currently searching for anything to do with the Lazarus pit or relating to it. So far it's been a few days and only a few things popped up, and just when Danny was going to give up for the day something caught his eye. Apparently someone, somehow created a Lazarus pit of their own in their own home. Luckily the book also had the name of the person in it. Bruce Wayne a.k.a. Batman. Now, Danny had no idea what that meant or why his alias was Batman of all things, but what he did know was that someone creating a random Lazarus pit in their own home was not good, and very suspicious. Of course Danny only learned that in the past few days, plus what he felt upon meeting Jason. He also found out the name of the pit, only because the books' descriptions of the Lazarus pit matched the description of the pit he found.

Now that Danny had a lead he decided that he'd move his research out of the Ghost Zone. With that, Danny placed all of the books back on the shelves and made his way back to the Ghost Portal and to his bedroom. From there he got onto his computer and searched up the name 'Bruce Wayne' to see what would come up. Surprisingly, there was a lot that came up. Articles and articles about this billionaire playboy who apparently also has an adopting problem. And a special type of child to adopt going off of the pictures provided. Another thing that surprised Danny was that, in a few of the photos, he saw Jason. Or a younger version of him at least - there was no white streak in his hair either. Though that's understandable seeing how he got it.

Danny, now more invested than before, started reading article after article, late into the night. At some point he even switched from looking up 'Bruce Wayne' to looking up 'Batman' seeing what he could find there. What He saw there was unbelievable. For one, 'The Batman' was dressed in all black, while his sidekick 'Robin' was dressed in bright, almost neon colours! Was he trying to get this kid killed? He was also interested in how young the Robins were, never getting older than about fifteen for being switched out, or replaced.

Soon after Danny felt he looked into both of Bruce Wayne's identities thoroughly, he decided to compare the two. He was both impressed and bewildered about the fact that nobody could make the connection between the two. Though he does feel that he cannot be too hard on him as all Danny really does himself is invert his hair and eye colour, and gain a tan. Amongst other things. But something also tells Danny that it's really only the citizens that don't know that Batman and Bruce Wayne are the same person. He has a sneaking suspicion that a select few people know, including some bad guys.

'If they do though, then have they acted on it?' Danny thought. 'They must have, right? Are the Robins okay?'

Just then Danny remembered something. He remembers that in a few of the articles it mentioned something about one of Bruce Wayne's kids going missing? Looking back at those articles Danny found that there was a whole funeral for Jason! In an article about Batman it says that he got a seemingly new Robin less than a year later as well! Now this really angered Danny. Not only did Batman use children as sidekicks, his children for that matter, but he also put them in so much danger one died! On a side note: that has to have been a pretty big hint to them being connected. Like, come on!

Now exasperated and exhausted, both mentally and physically, Danny decides it's probably best to just go to bed at this point. He may need to look into some more stuff but he's sure of one thing so far. He is definitely not a fan of Batman.