Chapter 6.

Previously:

Now exasperated and exhausted, both mentally and physically, Danny decides it's probably best to just go to bed at this point. He may need to look into some more stuff but he's sure of one thing so far. He is definitely not a fan of Batman.

________________________________________________________________________________

It was now the next day and Danny woke up bright and early. If 'bright and early' was ten in the morning. Regardless of that Danny still had business to attend to. That business being in Gotham put a kink in his plans though as now he had to come up with an excuse to tell his parents. Hopefully his sister, Jazz, and his best friends, Sam and Tucker, could help him out with that part. To be honest, Danny doesn't know how long this particular mission is going to take. Hopefully it won't take more than a few hours, but with his luck he estimates that it'll probably take closer to at least a few days to maybe even a couple of weeks.

To prepare for the mission Danny packs a suitcase and backpack with everything he might need. This would include clothes, his laptop, FentonWorks technology, some ancient books in dead languages. You know, the normal stuff. His backpack held medical supplies, his wallet, and some food and water. Danny's phone was in his pocket.

A couple of hours later Danny had made it to Gotham with his parents thinking he was at a sleepover. Yes this is an overused, cliché excuse but it worked! The annoying thing is that he has to lug his suitcase everywhere he goes. A little while of that later though and Danny remembered one of many of his new powers. Shadow manipulation. He can use them as a way to hide or a way to hold things. Things like suitcases.

Because of that Danny was now walking through the dark and gloomy streets of Gotham, without his suitcase. He was currently wearing his usual outfit of a white and red NASA t-shirt, a pair of baggy blue jeans, and his white and red shoes. But over top of all that he was wearing an over-sized black hoodie, with the hood pulled far over his face. His backpack was still on as well. At first he was worried that that would be a little suspicious but soon realised that this outfit would actually help him fit in more than stand out. Danny was walking towards the direction of Wayne Manor, or so he assumed. He couldn't really find very good directions online and the people living here honestly aren't that reliable either.

To Danny's luck - now that's a surprise - he heard laughing, which made him look up because he's in Gotham and that's not normal. Sadly. Like, seriously he lives in a literal GHOST TOWN and people still laugh there. Anyway, not the point. What is the point is that the person who laughed was standing by and patting the back of the one person Danny knows here, and the person who can most definitely help him. Jason.

Now, how to do this inconspicuously? As Danny was walking over, however, he realised that whenever he tried to do anything inconspicuously it almost always flew off the rails. So, with this in mind, Danny decided to just walk up to Jason, ask for help, and just see what happens.

~ With Jason... ~

Now on Jason's end, he was just out, hanging with his brothers. They were having a great time and Dick was even currently laughing at one of his jokes! The day was going great so far! Which, now that Jason thinks about it, is a little suspicious.

At that moment someone walked up to the group with their head down.

"Jason, can I talk to you?"

It was a boy's voice. He lifted his head up after the question. He was hunched over but Jason would guess that he's probably around Tim's height. Since Jason didn't recognize this boy he was confused. So, with caution, he asked:

"Do I know you?"

His brothers were now looking at the new-comer as well. His ice-blue eyes widened, his sight flicking between the brothers. Danny hadn't thought of this. He knew he was forgetting something!

"U-Um... Yeah! No! Maybe? It's complicated." The boy ended with a sigh.

"What's complicated? Do we know each other or not?" Jason responded with a chuckle.

The boy's eyes flicked between the brothers again before asking:

"Can we talk? Alone." The boy added the second sentence in a voice that indicated that it was important. As if 'Can we talk.' from a total stranger isn't enough for that.

So Jason looked at his brothers before looking back at the boy, nodding.

"Yeah, let's go." Jason said, leading the boy away.

Now away from his brothers Jason felt more comfortable interrog- questioning this strangely familiar boy.

"So who are you?" Jason asked roughly yet still confused.

The boy took a deep breath, his eyes closed.

"I'm Danny. Danny Fenton." The boy, Danny, stared at Jason for a second before continuing. Another deep breath. "But you know me as Danny Phantom."

Jason's eyes widened. He already had suspicions of who this boy might be, and once he said his name was Danny these suspicions only grew. But for it to actually be confirmed. Jason wasn't sure what to say. Is this the strangest thing to happen to him? Not by a long shot. What got him, however, was the fact that now that he got a good look at Danny, he could almost pass for one of the Wayne boys. Vastly different to how he looked when they first met.

Jason must've taken too long to answer since Danny then flashed his eyes a toxic green, as if showing proof he is who he says. Luckily, that also helped shake Jason from his stupor, resuming the conversation.

"Wait, if you're Danny Phantom then why do you look like that? How do you look like that?" Was the first thing Jason asked, shaking his head. "And why are you here? I thought I would never see you again."

Glad that Jason just accepted it, Danny sighs and answers. "I told you. I need your help." He didn't answer Jason's other question.

"Right, well what do you need help with?" While asking his question Jason glances back to where his brothers were, seeing they were gone. It's probably for the best. This could take a while.

"Okay, first, now that you know who I am and how you know me, you should know that I know your secret identity too." Danny paused and took a breath. "Second, I know he's your dad or whatever but I need your help getting into the Batcave."

Jason was shocked, then confused, then definitely 'for it'. Smirking, Jason said "I don't exactly know what you're up to, but I'm in." Of course, even though Jason wants to trust Danny, and he does, don't get him wrong. But being who he is, how he was raised, and what happened to him throughout his life, you can cut him some slack for being, maybe a bit overly cautious about this whole situation. But hey, Jason lives for the thrill!

And so the two acquaintances became friends.