Chapter 88

Primrose's POV
"You're right. I don't understand. Onyx what do I have to do to...make you let them back in?"

"Honestly? No idea. Don't you think, the fact that..every time we're around my family...someone always gets hurt...is funny?"

Woah.

"You know how you said, I'm good at protecting people?"

"Yes."

"This is my way of...of...protecting everyone."

"W-what? I-I-Onyx..."

"What? You didn't think, you'd hear that?"

"I-I didn't. I'll go get the kids ready then, I'll get ready. I'm not letting you, get outta this."

He yanked his arm away from me.

"Fine. I'll get ready. This better not be a lie. I do not think, I'd ever forgive you if, this is a lie."

"R-really? Y-you'd think I'd lie to you?"

"No. But at the same time, yes. You've been on my ass about my birthday for....weeks now...you're so determined to give me a bloody party."

"W-what happens if...it is a lie?"

"There will be yelling. Lots of yelling."

"A-at who?"

"Kinda hate to say it but...most likely...you."

"Y-you s-said you'd never do that again."

"Yeah. I know. So I fuckin hope, you're not lying."

He stomped away. My feet were frozen.

Did he just...

Threaten me?!

My body started shaking.

What the fuck?!

God, I wish I never opened my mouth...

I have to get ready.

Whatever happens...

Is my fault.

I'll get yelled at.

Wait...would he, be pissed enough to hit me?!

Oh god!

I do not wanna know!

I took a deep breath and walked up to my room. I saw Onyx in the bathroom, brushing his teeth.

Okay.

He looks mad still.

It's okay.

Just don't look at him.

I grabbed some clothes. I waited until he was done in the bathroom to change. When he was done, I ran in. I forgot to close the door.

"Hey you okay?"

I didn't respond in any way.

"Babe? What's wrong? You're never this quiet unless, something is wrong. Oh no. Y-you're upset, aren't you?"

That's one way to put it.

"L-look. I-I didn't mean it. Y-you know how I get when, I'm pissed."

I continued getting ready.

"Hey talk to me. What'd I do?"

"Do not fuckin act like, you do not know what you just did."

"I-I'm serious. What'd I do?"

"You just threatened me. You do so much for me. I try to do one fuckin thing to repay you and..you don't seem like...you appreciate it. Fine. You don't want a party? Okay fine. Call Christopher. Tell him that...one of the kids...just threw up. Or...you can stay here and, I'll take the kids to go see him. You clearly don't care."

"Woah! What the fuck?!"

"I just won't spend your birthday with you then. Is that what you'd like? Huh?"

"I-I'm sorry!"

"You're right. You're the one who's sleeping on the couch."

"Primrose what the hell's gotten into you?!"

"Do not talk to me. All I want...is for you to fuckin be happy. Yet...you won't let me do that for you. Today wasn't going to be a party! I thought, you'd like to fuckin spend time with them since, we're not going tomorrow!"

"Primrose you're shaking. Y-you never do."

"How about, I go spend a few days with my mom."

"W-what are you suggesting?"

"I'll go spend some time with my mother. You can stay here with the kids. That'll give you some time to..figure shit out."

"Huh?! Are you-Rose come on!"

"Go to your father's! You're lucky if, I'm here when you get back!"

"Babe c-come on! Listen to yourself!"

"Go!" I yelled as my voice cracked.

He grabbed my arms. He pulled me into a hug.

"Hey! Let go! I'm mad at you!"

"I know. I know. I deserve it. I'm going to go to my dad's. If...if you're not here when I get back then..I'll try to understand. I love you so fuckin much. I won't try to see Roxana. I won't bother you. I'm so goddamn sorry."

He let me go. He walked away. I heard the front door open and shut.

Primrose what are you doing?

Go after him!

I ran downstairs but...I was too late. The car was gone. I ran back inside. I screamed and started crying. He didn't come back that night. He didn't drop the kids off. He just didn't even come back. I was scared to call him. I started pacing around my room. I had my phone in my hand.

Oh god.

What have I done?

Then..that's when it happened. I heard a gunshot. My shoulder started hurting. I fell onto the floor. My phone slid across the floor. I started crawling to it but, my body gave out.

This is what I get.

Onyx...

I'm so sorry..