Chapter 06: Dire wolves

Many times extreme self-confidence, whether for one's abilities, strengths, or other reasons, can lead one to be blinded by arrogance.

With arrogance comes no good results; it can even lead to one's demise, thus digging one's grave where one will lie to rot.

*Roar!

One moment of arrogance, and no matter how hard one has worked to build something, it will all come crashing down...

*Roar! *Roar!

'Damn it!'

Because my powers advanced by a large margin, marking the improvement I got from day one to after a week of coming into this world. Naturally, my confidence in myself had broken the thermometer, and I fell into momentary arrogance.

Who wouldn't have confidence in themselves when they can beat an enemy who is above their level?

*Roar!

Because of that arrogance, I had riddled with myself and thought myself stronger than the monsters in this forest. Because of that, I filled myself with courage and decided to take on many large-sized wolves.

Although I could defeat many of them, the wolves, unlike the lone wolves, roamed in packs, making it a little difficult for me to face them, however, that wasn't the main problem...

*Roar!

So it turned out in my current situation, being chewed by a considerable wolf... Although those vast, sharp teeth were chewing my body, I felt no pain due to an ability called "Pain Denial," and although my body was being torn apart with each chew, with each passing second, I regenerated again.

But still, it was uncomfortable to be chewed.

Damn wolves!

The wolves in this forest were quite ferocious, alluding to their "D-Rank - Low." They possessed terrifying reflexes and explosive agilities that could close the gap with extreme ease. Unlike me, who was currently at "Rank F - High" after two weeks of hard work, naturally, I couldn't face monsters that were more than one rank above me, and more so, considering that I was facing many of them.

Because I had been fighting the ferocious wolf packs, the other wolf packs that were drawn into our fight and immersed in the battle, I hadn't noticed them until it was too late.

*Biri-Biri* *Booom!

My body glowed, and golden electric currents surrounded me as they whipped around, producing crackling sounds. My power exploded inside the wolf's mouth; however, it was too late, even if I dislocated its jaws.

*Gulp!

The loud gulping sound from the wolf's throat undid me, and darkness covered my vision. I could feel with extreme clarity that my body was slipping into a slimy and highly uncomfortable place.

'Damn it. I've been swallowed alive...'.

As I cursed, I circulated my energy inside my now regenerated body. At the same time, as the golden rays began to flicker and illuminate the dark space that was possibly the wolf's stomach, I activated the ability.

*Boom!

A strange noise rumbled inside the wolf I was in, shaking my surroundings. However, that power was insufficient to break through the monster's stomach and free me.

*Boom!

Continuously, for a few minutes, I activated my ability to create a way out, and apparently, it worked, although not in the way I thought it would.

Gradually, the squalid space began to creak, and with my body, I could feel the surface I was standing on beginning to crumble.

*Puff!

Golden Deity: Slime in the Multiverse [Danmachi]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें