Chapter 18: Dungeon

While some of the adventurers of the "Loki Familia" group were chatting happily, others still walked silently through the dungeon's corridors.

Many green monsters appeared in front of them, intending to kill the intruders; unfortunately for them, after a long and hard battle, they were defeated by those adventurers who had recently joined the group.

Although it was their first time venturing into the dungeon to gain excelia and battle experiences, they faced the difficulties bravely, earning some nods of satisfaction from the more seasoned adventurers.

However, no matter how much the novice adventurers and the veterans of the "Loki Familia" sharpened their ears so that the slightest noise would not escape their senses, they could not notice one thing.

Inside the small leather pouch hanging from Ais's slender waist, something was happening that no one in their group could imagine.

Where there was nothing but darkness and some small purple stones piled on the surface, a small rock moved without causing any noise.

The magical stone fluttered to glide smoothly until it landed on top of its other companions. Letting out a small imperceptible sigh, the tip of the magic stone pointed upwards and jumped.

The lid of the pouch snapped open, and with a swift movement, a small purple blob shot out towards the opposite entrance causing the air to become slightly disturbed.

"Did you feel something?" The dwarf, who appeared to be a tank, turned to his companions.

The others of the veteran group nodded, and Finn spoke, "I could feel the wind disturbed as if someone was cutting it with a sword. But after scanning the surroundings, there doesn't seem to be anything."

"It's not like low-level trash can do anything," Bete grumbled with his hands in his pockets.

"Low-level garbage...".

"Useless... we are...".

Despite Bete's reference to monsters, the novice adventurers looked on with lifeless eyes and souls escaping their mouths...

"Strange... the only faster monster inhabiting the second floor is the Jack Birds. Maybe it's one of them." At Riveria's words, the ears of the others instantly pricked up.

"Jack Birds" were monsters that had a body structure like that of a land bird that only appeared on the first floors. However, the most exciting thing about said monster was that if one managed to kill it, the Jack Bird would release an egg sold at a high price within the guild.

Unfortunately for them, far from exciting assumptions, the cause of all this was not one of the coveted Jack Birds.

***

"Hahh~, there's nothing better than freedom."

A pleasing voice echoed from inside one of the dungeon's deep corridors.

In the center of the corridor, the purple magic stone was surrounded by a golden glow, and little by little, the object began to enlarge until it reached about ten centimeters.

What was left as a result was, surprisingly, a round, gelatinous figure with round eyes. On top of the creature's head was a slight ice blue crown, which, although small, gave it an aura of dignity.

Without delay and fearing that some random disgusting monster would come to bite him in the ass, the golden slime lit up again as the gelatinous body expanded endlessly into a humanoid figure.

In the blink of an eye, and after the golden glow disappeared, the silhouette became apparent. A golden-haired boy replaced the previous round figure with two strangely beautiful eyes.

Golden Deity: Slime in the Multiverse [Danmachi]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें