Chapter 23: 10th floor

"Ninth floor, huh? They certainly look worlds apart."

I stowed my bloody dagger inside the inventory and murmured in awe at the incredible view.

Both corridors and rooms had increased from the previous floor.

I looked up to find myself confronted with a sight seen only in fantasy.

The ceilings, once about four meters, were now suspended about ten meters above the floor. The walls were covered with brown mosses, and the once rocky floor had become a plain with short grasses flourishing.

Most striking, however, was the illumination entering the room. It was not produced by sunlight but by the phosphorescence from the small glowing stones embedded in the ceiling. An otherworldly look.

What am I saying? I'm in another world...

"Grrrrrrrr."

The goblin silhouettes staggered in the back of the dungeon. They were still oblivious to my presence.

The only monsters that inhabited these last few floors were goblins and kobolds, with the only difference being that they were a fiercer version than the previous ones.

That's right; I hadn't had a chance to try it yet.

I waved my arm, and a bluish bolt of lightning surrounded it. The intricate texture of the bow materialized in my hand. I pulled out a quiver of arrows and let it hang from my shoulders.

I raised the bow and placed a metal-tipped arrow between the body and the string. I pulled the line back while concentrating on the direction of the goblin.

How the fuck can I calculate wind speed, altitude, and all that shit? Physics is a pain in the ass.

*whistling!

As I released the string, the arrow shot out with a hiss, distorting the air in its path.

However, out of my expectations, the arrow deflected magnificently.

No, that was not my mistake!

The arrow buried itself in the ground about ten meters away from the monstrous group, raising a cloud of dust.

"Grrr!"

The goblins were alarmed by the noise as they raised the metal weapons they wielded with their slender fingers.

Although I could see extremely easily at long range, that didn't mean my aim was good, let alone perfect, unfortunately. Shooting with my fingers was much easier than being an archer.

"I have yet to acquire the passive skill .... Well, even the passive skill related to sword and dagger had taken time." There was nothing that practice couldn't solve. He also possessed the skill "Fast Learning," which helped quite a bit.

As the goblins cautiously watched the surroundings, I readied another arrow.

*Whistled!

The arrow shot out again towards the little green goblins...

"Grrr!"

As if they felt the burial of the arrow in the ground near them, the goblins jumped in fright. Now more than anything else, the goblins fixed their gazes on where I was.

Possibly they learned my position from the trajectory of the arrow. Not bad for bastards.

They moved towards me, brandishing the short swords in their hands. The disgust on their faces as they smiled was terrifying.

I pulled the arrow from the quiver and readied it. I sharpened my senses to put all my concentration on that shot.

Fifty yards was far for a novice bowman like me. I waited patiently until the goblins were about twenty yards away when my fingers loosened their grip on the string.