Chapter 25: Cursed Child

The sky was covered by a starry blanket that dimly illuminated the dark alleys of Orario. The gloom reflected by the giant silver-colored ball hanging in space seemed somehow sadder than usual.

"Move your ass!" The Amazoness' angry shout startled Emily, "I don't have all the time in the world to deal with you."

The ordinarily cheerful Emily now had a vacant look on her face. Blood was leaking from the corner of her lips as well as from the wounds on her face.

"... Why are you doing this to me?"

The Amazoness raised her hand in fury, "Insolent! I told you to keep your mouth shut!"

*Slam!

Emily's face was forced to twist. A red palm-shaped mark was imprinted on her face. Her current state was a chaos of negative emotions that made her heart agonize. Emily's head went blank, and she began to sob.

A look of contempt and mockery appeared on the Amazoness face, "From now on, your only duty is to use your body to please men in bed."

No! That must be a lie.

Emily's dilated eyes widened in disbelief. Serving men? She wouldn't mean... Just the thought of it made Emily's body shudder with disgust.

"No, I can't do it! I have someone I love-."

*Slap!

Emily was thrown to the ground. With trembling movements, she stroked her face to appease the seething pain of the slap. However, a tug on her long, dirty hair made her rise involuntarily.

"Do you have someone you love? Take it easy. I'll f*ck him in front of your eyes, and when I get tired of him, I'll give him to my mates." The woman's lips distorted into a smile, "I can't wait to see your dear boyfriend's face when he sees you being f*cked by others."

The Amazoness let out a good-natured laugh. She loved to play and break up a couple by having them f*cked by others. She couldn't wait to come along and put Emily in a cage of hungry men who would tear her apart until she broke in front of the man she loved.

Emily forgot the pain of being pulled by the hair. The woman's earlier words echoed in her ear and stuck in her mind.

No, please, no. She had to do something.

She staggered to grab the Amazone's shoulder. Her lifeless eyes locked on the other's, "Please, I beg you to leave us-."

With disgust, the Amazoness pushed Emily away, "Who gave you the right to touch me? You are only a slave; recognize your place!"

Emily's frail body slammed against the wall as her eyes bugged out. The wrenching pain that coursed through her body brought her back to reality.

The Amazoness pulled Emily's hair again as she muttered, "I don't understand why Ishtar-sama is so obsessed with her."

*

Her father was right. People are bad.

It had only been a few hours since her father left her, yet she was already dealing with people's cruelty. Her father was the only reason she was ever happy in these short years. He was a shield for Emily.

Father... she missed him. Her silent tears pooled in the corners of her eyes. They slid down her cheeks until they dripped onto the polished concrete below.

The cold air cruelly brushed the wounds on her body. Her ears were still ringing from the disorientation brought on by the slap. With staggering steps, she had no choice but to follow in the footsteps of the Amazoness leading her by the hair.