Chapter 30: New skills and a goddess

[I have to clarify something:

For those who are concerned, the body of the "MC" is not being taken over by another person, soul, or entity. It will always be him, and some related things will be revealed later to answer questions. And no, he will not be replaced again].

I was stunned.

From the moment the wrath consumed me, I was absorbed and buried within my core. My own body was beyond my reach. The only thing I could do at that moment was to use my soul and huddle in a corner to observe my body's actions.

Even those words that were uttered by "me" were still etched in my mind—the subject of the Ranks of the gods and goddesses that inhabited this world. Many things were revealed that even I was unaware of.

However, what bothered me the most were the results, that is, the questions that were born out of all this. Who was it that borrowed my body? Is it someone else, or is it myself?

My mind was consumed with so many unanswered questions that it stressed me out.

While I was thinking, I didn't forget about the main problem. Emily was in a pretty dire situation, so although I'm anxious for answers, I can put them aside for the time being.

I picked up the potion on the floor stacked next to the medicinal herbs that I honestly didn't know what they would be suitable for. Just as I uncapped the potion, a holographic screen projected in front of me.

[The sub-core of Wrath has sacrificed itself for the rebirth of Gluttony!]

[Congratulations! The Half-Gluttony sub-core has been upgraded!]

[The Gluttony sub-core has awakened!]

[The "Devourer" skill has been upgraded to "Predator"!]

[The "Predator" effects have been unlocked!]

[Predation: Everything that exists can be absorbed. However, those living beings can hardly be absorbed, so the success rate decreases considerably —absorbed beings can be processed to "Origin Energy" to increase strength]

[Analysis: Everything absorbed can be analyzed, and everything studied can be used to make objects or produce chemicals —as long as you have the necessary ingredients and objects—. Skills can be analyzed and copied; however, this depends on the quality of the processed skill —the higher the rank of the skill, the less chance you have of obtaining it].

The texts were replaced consecutively, and, as always, the annoying monotone voice irritated my mind.

"Ugh."

To top it off, a bunch of information related to the newly obtained skills and their uses spilled into my memory.

To say I wasn't surprised would be a big lie.

These skills are known to me. I mean, they are copies of the skills used by that little slime cheat! Who wouldn't know him?

Although I noticed that some of the skills used by the blue slime in the anime were missing, these are also quite powerful.

Let's save the musing for another time; I have something important to take care of.

"Let's do this!"

My body released a golden glow, and I transformed into my slime form.

I now know why the other "me" brought some high-level potions and some medicinal herbs. Emily could not be saved with the potions from the previous pharmacy, nor with the abilities of that silver-haired girl —"I" had scanned her with the "Divine Eyes"— so the only option available to bring Emily back was to use my new skill, which meant that "I" had already thought deeply about everything that was going to happen.