Chapter 72 - Unconsciousness

After returning to Wangjiang Manor, Chi Zhengzheng and Wen Yu started to prepare the ingredients.

Wen Yu washed the vegetables, Wen Yu cut the vegetables, and Wen Yu loaded the plates.

Chi Zhengzheng... accompanied Wen Yu to wash, chop and plate the food.

"Do you really not need my help?" She blinked and asked from the side.

Wen Yu turned around, bit off the potato chips she was holding in her hand, and then said: "Eat fewer snacks, it's time to eat the New Year's Eve dinner."

"Oh, oh, okay." Chi Zhengzheng was also obedient and put the potato chips that she hadn't eaten back on the coffee table.

Just after taking out the phone, inside the kitchen, Wen Yu shouted: "Chi Zhengzheng."

"Hey! What's the matter, do you need my help?" Her eyes lit up.

Wen Yu handed her the plate in her hand: "Then take it out, put it on the table."

Actually, when he called her, he just wanted her to come in and keep him company.

– He always wanted her within his sight.

"Okay!" She walked out briskly carrying plates one by one.

There were only a few of each ingredient, after all, there were only two people and a dog, so there wasn't much to eat.

On the dining table, there was a four-compartment pot, two compartments of red soup, hot and slightly spicy, one compartment of clear soup, and one compartment of plain water. The plain water was obviously prepared for Liuzhu.

The family should be in order for the New Year's Eve dinner.

Chi Zhengzheng sat down at the table, her eyes shining brightly, and shouted towards the kitchen; "Wen Yu! Is it ready yet?"

"Here it is." As Wen Yu said this, he came out carrying the dumplings.

Chi Zhengzheng took a look at it and suddenly, her expression became a bit sensitive.

The dumplings she had made were uglier than the ones Wen Yu had made, and now that they were steamed, the contrast was even more obvious. The skin was obviously the same and the filling was the same, how could the finished product look like two different things?

As usual, Wen Yu sat on Chi Zhengzheng's, Liuzhu was resting on the ground between them.

"Can I have some wine?" She blinked, it seemed as if her eyes could hold countless stars.

"One glass." Wen Yu chuckled.

"Okay!" Chi Zhengzheng hurriedly took out the red wine from the wine cabinet from under the table and handed it to Wen Yu with a smile on her face.

Wen Yu opened it and poured two glasses of wine.

He was about to pick up the glasses.

Chi Zhengzheng interrupted him: "Wait, let's take a picture first!"

She took out her cell phone, and "click click click" she took a few pictures, and then leaned her head over to take a few pictures with Wen Yu, she then posted them to her friends' circle, and only then did she put the phone down. 

(t/n: it's a feature in WeChat where you can share things just like social media with friends.)

Wen Yu was puzzled at first, then looked at her with a doting expression, he took out his phone and gave her a heart.

After thinking about it, he took a photo of the two of them together again.

"Wen Yu, Happy New Year!" Chi Zhengzheng lifted her glass of wine.